Solution to Black Screen w/ Mouse Cursor yet? 10.13.4 E202 AORUS GB GTX 1070  

RSS

BambooCactus
(@bamboocactus)
June 3, 2018 10:00 pm  

I've seen several members get my EXACT setup running perfectly with Mac OS, but in 6 months of diving through these forums and executing strange Terminal commands, I still have yet to get it to work.

Installed everything with the latest macOS-eGPU.sh on learex's GitHub... stuck at "black screen on internal and external displays with mouse cursor". Seems like the desktop is still under there and my Touch Bar reacts when I click around, but everything is black. If I hot plug with the monitor not connected to the eGPU, there is no black screen and it shows "Disconnect null" in the eGPU menu. “About this Mac” still shows the integrated graphics, but System Report shows the “NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070”. Can’t tell if it’s actually accelerating anything. Is there a fix for the black screen w/ mouse when using external display yet? Also get the hard crash when hot-unplugging.

I'm running: 10.13.4 E202, 2017 MacBook Pro 13-inch Touchbar, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 (internal) using an AORUS GB 1070 over TB3 in the frontmost left port.

I've looked through all the threads, spent hours going through dozens of pages of replies, and nothing fixes my issue. Wondering if some of you who have my same setup and have got it working can chime in 🙁

ReplyQuote
ZestyMenace
(@zestymenace)
June 11, 2018 4:50 pm  

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm in the exact same boat, but with a 15" MBP. I get the black screen on internal and external monitors when the Aorus is plugged in. I'm hoping someone has figured out out a root cause and fix.

ReplyQuote
lexine
(@lexine)
Eminent Member
June 12, 2018 7:25 am  

Are you using the latest NVDIA driver ? It was the same problem for me, I used the fr34k's script with the old set of the nvidia driver and the screen is working properly now. I think I installed the - 378.10.10.10.25.104 but I am not at the home at the moment so I can not check ... With this drivers the external monitor is working when I boot up with eGPU and monitored attached, or when I plug the monitor on the login screen... if I plug directly in MacOS I would get the black screen but the logout/login will do a trick

2017 13" MacBook Pro TouchBar + [email protected] (Aorus Gaming Box) + macOS10.13 & Win10

ReplyQuote
BambooCactus
(@bamboocactus)
June 20, 2018 11:10 pm  

Yep, I've tried it with multiple versions. The most current version won't allow me to install a lower one, though, I get the error that it's not compatible with this version of Mac OS.

I don't know how you manage to do a logout/login with the screen black, I can't tell where the buttons are. Yeah I can click the Apple menu but I'm not sure how far down logout is. Can't see anything.

I've never gotten any of the scripts to get an NVIDIA card working with Mac OS.

Edit: Oh actually I didn't read your username Lexine, but I realise you have the EXACT setup I do and I've tried following your guides and nothing works. That doesn't seem right... all the hardware and software is the exact same but it works for you and not for me. What's the missing element? I think I saw you say something once about compiling something into the extensions folder and never expounded on it, would that be a critical step I've missed

ReplyQuote
lexine
(@lexine)
Eminent Member

ReplyQuote