Stalled boot after authentication: 2019 MBP, Razer Core X, 5700 XT

Notifications
Clear all

Stalled boot after authentication: 2019 MBP, Razer Core X, 5700 XT  

RSS

dutchiedonut
(@dutchiedonut)

Hello egpu.io!

I have an odd issue with my eGPU. Sometimes, but not all the time, computer boots to the user selection screen, I authenticate, and then there is no progress bar. The only way to solve this problem is by either booting with the GPU unplugged, or performing a NVram reset. Then it boots fine. I’m perplexed. 

Any help is appreciated. Otherwise this setup works well.

My Setup:

- 2019 16” MBP, macOS 10.15.5, Filevault2

- Razer Core X Chroma, Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Arshit Singh
(@arshit_singh)

@dutchiedonut, I have a similar issue but not quite the same thing. I use the same enclosure and same GPU but when I start my mbp by plugging in the TB3 cable, I get stuck on the Apple logo. The only way around this is by unplugging the cable, login without the cable and then hot plug the eGPU. It was not an issue for me when I used XFX ThiccIII 5700xt

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
dutchiedonut
(@dutchiedonut)

@arshit_singh, ok that’s interesting. So it’s card specific. I’ve tried switching the BIOS mode on my card to see if it results in a difference and I’ll report back.

Thanks!

ReplyQuote