Notifications

Unstable 1080ti w/ 2016 MBP 15"  

RSS

JonRoth
(@jonroth)

So I spent the day installing my 1080ti into my MacBook Pro using @Theitsage's installation guide. Everything went just swell and windows recognizes both my 530 iGPU and the 1080ti with no errors on both. However, as soon as I try to run a game (in my specific case I tried to run PUBG) the computer crashes. I will open up the game, itll boot up, and then immediately crash and freeze my entire computer. 

Some info that might help troubleshooting:

-originally when I first installed the 1080ti I only had to disable Pcie x8 and the 1080ti didnt get an error 12. However, after a few reboots, it got an error 12 and I had to also disable pcie x16 to stop the error 12. Now, I'm errorless.

- I also tried to run heaven benchmark and it started the benchmark, and part way through, the benchmark stopped completely and my computer started lagging very badly. I then looked at my device manager, and the 1080ti had an error 43 (error was that it couldnt detect the 1080ti anymore and eventually the 1080ti disappeared from my device list)

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
panchitous
(@panchitous)

That used to happen to me with the akitio node and the 1080ti(strix oc), It’s probably a power issue, in my case I change the vents and the PSU and everything works fine now. 

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote