[APP] NVIDIA eGPU support for High Sierra (NVIDIAEGPUSupport)

Notifications
Clear all

[APP] NVIDIA eGPU support for High Sierra (NVIDIAEGPUSupport)  

of  199
  RSS

dream3
(@dream3)
Estimable Member

@devild I still dont get it. How come the script will help if nvidia didnt make the new driver yet?

MacOS: 15" Retina Macbook Pro 2015 Iris Pro only
Windows 10: Tornado F5 laptop with discrete GTX 1060
eGPU: GIGABYTE RX 580

ReplyQuote
ricosuave0922
(@ricosuave0922)
Trusted Member

Sometimes the only thing that changes is the build number to match the new build number of the Mac OS update. So sometimes we can use an older driver and just patch the build number to the newer Mac build number

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
dream3
(@dream3)
Estimable Member

and that is what webdriver.sh or nvidia-update.sh both do? patch the numbers?

MacOS: 15" Retina Macbook Pro 2015 Iris Pro only
Windows 10: Tornado F5 laptop with discrete GTX 1060
eGPU: GIGABYTE RX 580

ReplyQuote
Daniel Varnai
(@daniel_varnai)
Eminent Member

in case anyone is stuck on 10.13.4 beta 2/3 without a time machine backup, I managed to revert back to 10.13.3 using option-command-r during startup then reinstall macos without losing any files or settings. my egpu works again! i wont even check for updates until it's confirmed to be working here

MBP 2017 15", MacOS 10.15 19A526h, GTX1070 EGPU

ReplyQuote
ricosuave0922
(@ricosuave0922)
Trusted Member

That works?!? That sounds so sketchy haha. I know you can just install the previous combo update right in Mac OS, but reinstalling from recovery seems like it would wipe everything. Glad it worked for you and you didn’t lose anything.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
CRMackintosh
(@crmackintosh)

Should I expect things to work with my Titan XP and Node Pro, or is it just impossible at this point?

ReplyQuote
devild
(@devild)
Trusted Member

Here are the links:
17D102 -  https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/387/WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.158.pkg
17D2102 -  https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/387/WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.159.pkg

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.

Mize and itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Daniel Varnai
(@daniel_varnai)
Eminent Member

haha yeah, even apple support site says so, but obviously as it's recovery it might fail. fortunately it didn't.

did anyone manage to try the new nvidia drivers? did they fix the performance issues?

MBP 2017 15", MacOS 10.15 19A526h, GTX1070 EGPU

ReplyQuote
Spencer Hartmann
(@spencer_hartmann)

Setup working 99% at this point.

15" 2017 MBP 
MacOS 10.13.3
Akitio Node Pro
Nvidia GTX1080 Founders Edition
3x LG27 Inch 4k Screens

Works fantastic, the only "issue" is if i close the lid the monitor never shuts off to just use the 3 external ones, it always things the internal one is on an active. There is a little bit of lag when doing day to day things which is strange because, Heaven benchmark looks really good hovering around 110fps. might try taking off the daisy chain coming out of the Akitio node to see if that helps at all.

ReplyQuote
ricosuave0922
(@ricosuave0922)
Trusted Member

Just moved up to the new 17D102 build. the new 158 driver kept giving me the same black screen problem when logging in that 156 did on build 17D47. Used the webdriver.sh script to download and install the older 104 driver and patch to build number 17D102 and everything is back working.

EDIT

Im hoping its just a fluke or something, but im benchmarking about 25% lower after this update!!!

EDIT 2

Automatic graphics switching was on so i turned that off and reran (literally the only change i made, not even a reboot) and benchmarks are back to normal. Still about 10% off the highest I've ever hit, but right in line with the past couple updates.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
 of  199