[APP] NVIDIA eGPU support for High Sierra (NVIDIAEGPUSupport)

Notifications
Clear all

[APP] NVIDIA eGPU support for High Sierra (NVIDIAEGPUSupport)  

of  199
  RSS

reptilianbrain
(@reptilianbrain)
Trusted Member

Anyone was able to get CUDA to work with 10.13.3 and rolled-back drivers to .106? 

I keep getting segfault on samples even

MBP 2013 750M + Akitio [email protected]RX570 (OSX) & GTX1080 (Bootcamp)

ReplyQuote
johnmbillings
(@johnmbillings)

Looks like the latest web driver WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.158 causes High Sierra 10.13.3 to hang on boot. My iMac is configured with the 755M, and I haven't even tried plugging my 980ti via thunderbolt yet as I can't get past bootup with the web driver installed. (yes I made sure SIP was enabled)

Any ideas?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
johnmbillings
(@johnmbillings)

Tried web driver script with 104 on my late 2013 model iMac
rebooted and disabled SIP
Then installed eGPUs v7.
I now have the 104 web driver successfully loading, however my 980ti card is not being detected. 
I have the Akita thunderbolt 3 connected to my iMac using a thunderbolt 3 to minidisplayport adapter cable. The Akita should support thunderbolt 2 connections.

Any thoughts?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
JPL
 JPL
(@jpl)

@yifanlu Thanks for all the info in the first post. I'm running macOS 10.13.3 (17D102) on a Mid 2015 MacBook Pro, so I installed the NVIDIA driver (387.10.10.10.25.158.pkg). My intention is to use a 1080ti in an Akitio Node Pro with a Thunderbolt 3 > 2 adapter (I wanted to get the Thunderbolt 3 Node Pro, to future proof me for when I upgrade my laptop later this year).

I followed the rest of the installation and everything seemed to work fine, I think. Looking in System Information, the 1080 seems to be showing, but it is named as 'NVIDIA Chip Model', so I'm not sure if that is correct.

Further to that, the reason for this setup is so I can run Redshift renderer for Cinema 4D and this requires as many CUDA cores as you can give it. When I launched C4D, Redshift wasn't showing, so I installed the latest CUDA driver (387.128). Looking back at @goalque 's posts, CUDA should work. Redshift did show up in C4D after doing this.

Unfortunately for me, after installing the CUDA driver, the 1080ti card now doesn't show up at all in System Information and I get a message from the CUDA driver saying that there is 'No GPU Detected'.

Uninstalling the CUDA driver means I can see the card again, but without access to the CUDA cores I can't use it!

Any help or suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Apurve Anand
(@apurve_anand)

Ok, I followed all the steps and so far everything seems fine and working. I can see my graphics card recognized in system profiler. But the only problem is that am trying to power my internal display with my eGPU. What to do my internal display to run on external graphics Card. Specifications are Late 2017 MBP 13-inch, two thunderbolt 3 and Aorus 1080 gaming box.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/uK49T"><a href="//imgur.com/uK49T"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/dOlNF"><a href="//imgur.com/dOlNF"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/z6hQZ"><a href="//imgur.com/z6hQZ"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ReplyQuote
verichip
(@verichip)

Nvidia released drivers *.161 and *.160, seem to increase performance compared to .158 while using MacOS and applications, but still feels a little sluggish compared to *.104. Also (at least with my setup), booting up with the eGPU attached still causes major slowdowns as soon as MacOS starts trying to use the eGPU (internal screen goes blank and everything becomes extremely slow).

2017 15" Macbook Pro Touchbar (Radeon Pro 555), Gigabyte AORUS Gaming Box (GTX 1070)

ReplyQuote
CRMackintosh
(@crmackintosh)

Where do you find the latest drivers?  I have been searching and can't find them on my own, only through direct links that others share.  Thanks.

ReplyQuote
RGLRMNY
(@rglrmny)

So I'm currently having the issue of a blank desktop screen after downloading the driver from an automated script. At this point the only thing I can think of doing is uninstalling the drivers from recovery mode using the terminal but I don't know how to. I've been here all day trying to figure out how to get my NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti to work on my 2017 MacBook Pro 15" Can someone please steer me in the right direction here I'm lost and lonely and need help. Thank You!

ReplyQuote
verichip
(@verichip)

Check out this website: https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/ . Its updated with the official Nvidia Apple Updated source so new updates are on it as soon as Nvidia posts the update.

2017 15" Macbook Pro Touchbar (Radeon Pro 555), Gigabyte AORUS Gaming Box (GTX 1070)

ReplyQuote
protogon
(@protogon)

Did any of you guys had success enabling egpu with 10.13.4 Beta (17E170c) yet?

It automatically updated last night and thought to give a shot on this with latest 15' MBP2017.

Already tried with webdriver.sh on .158 and .161 with egpu.v7 but it keeps crashing at the moment I plug the sonnet 550 with Titan XP.
Haven't tested by patching cuda to be compatible with the above.

It only starts when having egpu.v6 and .156 installed but still not recognising the egpu.
Hot plug/unplug works though but...

Anyone?

Arthy and nnapior liked
ReplyQuote
 of  199