[APP] NVIDIA eGPU support for High Sierra (NVIDIAEGPUSupport)

Notifications
Clear all

[APP] NVIDIA eGPU support for High Sierra (NVIDIAEGPUSupport)  

of  199
  RSS

RGLRMNY
(@rglrmny)

Anyone can help me with a list of terminal commands to uninstall the drivers? After crashing last night my iMac can't even make it to the Log In screen. Thank You!

Hey John, How did you get past the boot when you were dealing with that issue, I'm kind of lost when it comes to having to reboot or enter my terminal to give the computer commands.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
psonice
(@psonice)
Estimable Member

General note on the new (387.10.10.10.25.161) drivers: 

I haven't seen any lag or issues so far, and it's given me a ~17% increase in raw compute performance. This, if you're doing anything heavily compute bound, is a big win. 

System: 2014 27" iMac, macOS 10.13.3, 1080TI + Sonnet eGPU 550 over TB2.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
tgk
 tgk
(@tgk)

Hi everyone.

Excuse my ignorance but I'm very new to the whole eGPU world.

I have a 2017 MBP that I'm trying to get to run an Nvidia GPU. I have an Akitio Node Pro and an old Gainward GTX 580 but I'm having no luck with following the above steps. The GPU isn't appearing at all on the system. 

I have the Nvidia web driver installed and Cuda is up to date but I'm clearly missing something. 

Here are some screenshots to my system and Cuda versions:
https://imgur.com/goqDDA3
https://imgur.com/NYb8EMp

Thanks in advance!

ReplyQuote
Arthy
(@arthy)
Eminent Member

@protogon I have tested my GTX670 (Aorus box) on the 17E170c.

After updating from .3 to .4 beta, the Dobell script updated my Web drivers to .106 and the NVIDIAEGPUSupport v7 installed without error.

The enclosure appears in SysRep, but not the GPU. 

I get the following:

Screen Shot 2018 03 09 at 5.57.13 PM

ReplyQuote
Arthy
(@arthy)
Eminent Member

@tgk does your Akitio appear in the Thunderbolt tab in System Report?

ReplyQuote
tgk
 tgk
(@tgk)

@Arthy It seems to be. Does this look right:  https://imgur.com/9VZ5Mfr

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Daisaku
(@daisaku)
Eminent Member

Tried connecting it to the aorus gaming box 1070 but nothing is showing up.

I managed to install everything but the nvidiaegpu file because every time i try to install it this message pops up
"Please run “csrutil enable --without kext” from Terminal in recovery or the installed drivers will not work. Click Continue to proceed or click Cancel to abort the installation process." 

Help 🙁

Macbook pro 15'' late 2016

ReplyQuote
Arthy
(@arthy)
Eminent Member

I'm no expert but we may have the same GPU detection issue. Detection for Nvidia cards below 7xx series seems to be quite random and generally problematic.

ReplyQuote
Austinerino
(@austinerino)

Anyone having trouble actually turning off their computers? 2017 MBP with akitio node and whenever I try to shut down for the night, it always ends up rebooting. The only way I can make it stop looping is actually unplugging the eGPU, forcing my laptop to crash, and turning it off normally from there. Strangely enough, shutting down like normal from my Windows partition always ends fine.

ReplyQuote
plutoforplanet
(@plutoforplanet)

@devild, after a restore and update my iMac Pro OS-X version shows

macOS 10.13.3 (17D2104)

Not 17D2102 as before.  I can no longer get my Titan Xp to show up.  Can you please help?

ReplyQuote
 of  199