[APP] NVIDIA eGPU support for High Sierra (NVIDIAEGPUSupport)

Notifications
Clear all

[APP] NVIDIA eGPU support for High Sierra (NVIDIAEGPUSupport)  

of  199
  RSS

Username
(@username)
Reputable Member

I did not have any startup, shutdown or sleep related problems in 10.12.x at all.

But in every 10.13.x I am unable to put the system to sleep.
Bott up and shut down are always performing as design. Sleep only puts monitors to sleep - it do not put the system to sleep.

Present: 2012 Mac mini + PowerColor RX 56 Vega Nano @10Gbps-TB1 + PowerColor Mini eGFX 180F via Apple TB3 to TB2 + macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Previous: 2012 Mac Mini + GTX1070 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (AKiTiO Thunder3 via Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter) + macOS

2012 Mac Mini [3rd,4C,Q] + GTX 970 @ 10Gbps-TB1>TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + macOS 10.12.4 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Username
(@username)
Reputable Member

I've tried a couple of times to install the latest 387.128 Cuda on 17D102 but I have not managed to get it working.
What would the steps be if I'm already running 104 graphics driver and -without kext?

Present: 2012 Mac mini + PowerColor RX 56 Vega Nano @10Gbps-TB1 + PowerColor Mini eGFX 180F via Apple TB3 to TB2 + macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Previous: 2012 Mac Mini + GTX1070 @ 10Gbps-TB1 (AKiTiO Thunder3 via Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter) + macOS

2012 Mac Mini [3rd,4C,Q] + GTX 970 @ 10Gbps-TB1>TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + macOS 10.12.4 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
will44
(@will44)

I'm using a GTX 1050 in a Sonnet Breakaway Box connected to my 2017 MacBook Pro without TouchBar.

So far my GPU is recognized and everything seems to be running correctly, but I noticed macOS is not running smoothly. Switching virtual desktops is laggy (20fps - I have no issue with the integrated GPU). Safari is also affected and scrolling is laggy too. Anyone noticed the same issue?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
plutoforplanet
(@plutoforplanet)

@Username, I just installed the latest Cuda download from the Nvidia website on a mid-2014 MacBook Pro with 17D102,
Titan Xp + Akitio Node Pro + Apple TB3-->TB2 adapter.
I got the newest driver here (161):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/
Otherwise followed directions per post 1 in this thread.
I just plug the eGPU in before I boot up and everything works; no black screens, log out and back in, etc.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

Username liked
ReplyQuote
Austinerino
(@austinerino)

@will44 boot up without the eGPU attached. Turn on your eGPU and then plug it in to your running laptop. Log out, then log in.

ReplyQuote
will44
(@will44)

@austinerino Thanks for the suggestion! I don't see any difference, tough. Another example of this issue in Safari: I'm losing frames on YouTube and closing a tab takes 1 second. I have no issue on Bootcamp, Windows 10 runs smoothly.

ReplyQuote
Manlio Leo
(@manlio_leo)

Hi i'm a new user from Rome (Italy)
This guide worked for my macbook air 13 mid 2013 + Akitio Thunder 2 + gtx 1050 ti 4gb osx 10.13.3 
Thank you!
It works on window 7 64 bit too (same rig). the only problem that I have with the microsoft os is that i have to disable the internal gpu to make it work. I'll appreciate any suggestion to make it work better than that

can i enable sip after the installation?

ReplyQuote
Username
(@username)
Reputable Member

Hello and welcome. 

Great to hear everything worked out for you. 
You can enable SIP but not for kext as they have been altered. 
So you can do a:
csrutil enable --without kext

some times you can be lucky and manage to enable sip all through as thing is cached. But sooner or later you will lose the cache and problems will occur.

ReplyQuote
Manlio Leo
(@manlio_leo)

Thank you!

Any trick for win7?

ReplyQuote
Daisaku
(@daisaku)
Eminent Member

I downloaded all the drivers and got my macbook to detect the eGPU but how do I make it choose which GPU to use? 

I'm currently using the 15" macbook pro late 2016 with touchbar, and the aorus gaming box 1070.

Screen Shot 2018 03 11 at 00.04.38
Screen Shot 2018 03 10 at 23.50.18

ReplyQuote
 of  199