[APP] NVIDIA eGPU support for High Sierra (NVIDIAEGPUSupport)

Notifications
Clear all

[APP] NVIDIA eGPU support for High Sierra (NVIDIAEGPUSupport)  

of  199
  RSS

goalque
(@goalque)
Noble Member Admin

@fr34k's solution uses workarounds that are discussed on this thread earlier. The NVDAEGPUSupport is still the cornerstone. However, maybe a good idea to separate this into a new thread.

automate-eGPU EFIapple_set_os.efi

Mid 2015 15-inch MacBook Pro eGPU Master Thread

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + Radeon VII @ 32Gbps-TB3 (ASUS XG Station Pro) + Win10 1809 [build link]  

fr34k liked
ReplyQuote
fr34k
(@fr34k)
Reputable Member Moderator

Posted by: goalque

@fr34k's solution uses workarounds that are discussed on this thread earlier. The NVDAEGPUSupport is still the cornerstone. However, maybe a good idea to separate this into a new thread.

It's just an automation of all the posts found in this thread about 10.13.4

EDIT: that’s why I called it „not even half baked“

fr34k's macOS-eGPU.sh on GitHub or on eGPU.io

2016 15'' MacBook Pro + GTX1080Ti@32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 550) + macOS 10.13.6 (17G65 driver: 378.10.10.10.30.107 + CUDA: 396.148)

goalque liked
ReplyQuote
psonice
(@psonice)
Estimable Member

@fr34k Excellent. Does this include TB1/2 support?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
fr34k
(@fr34k)

Posted by: psonice

@fr34k Excellent. Does this include TB1/2 support?

@psonice
It should. Since I’m completely swapping the KEXT files it should also enable TB1/2 support.

2016 15'' MacBook Pro + GTX1080Ti@32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 550) + macOS 10.13.6 (17G65 driver: 378.10.10.10.30.107 + CUDA: 396.148)

ReplyQuote
xpmen
(@xpmen)

Ok so basically I just following steps. I don't have to install the drivers or anything?
am just gonna do a clean install and run the following commands?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
fr34k
(@fr34k)

@xpmen
yes

anaglich liked
ReplyQuote
psonice
(@psonice)
Estimable Member

@fr34k excellent, in that case I'm going in Smile

ReplyQuote
benr
 benr
(@benr)
Eminent Member

Hi @fr34k and thanks!

Can I ask for best practices to “revert any changes you’ve previously made”?

I’ve been with eGPU.io for a while, and I currently have a working 10.13.3 install with Nvidia on a MacBook Pro 2016 executed with your previous script. 

I’m carefully reading your master post about 10.13.4, and I wondered if there are best approaches to removing previous changes to try the new one?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
fr34k
(@fr34k)

@benr
yes, you can use my "old" script and use the uninstall function --uninstall
This should do it.
I would, however, recommend you trying this out only if you have a lot of time, a backup (best one with 10.13.3!) and room for failure. It 
definitely does not work for everybody and most people report not working external monitors.

EDIT:
this command:

bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/learex/macOS-eGPU/master/macOS-eGPU.sh) --uninstall

ReplyQuote
Niklas Frick
(@soulwash)

Hey! 

Unfortunately I have not seen the GPU-Wrangler thing in the first place. I have followed the steps here  https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/wip-nvidia-egpu-support-for-high-sierra/  

This ended up in a black screen and shutdown when attaching the Aorus Gaming Box with the GTX 1070. So afterwards I tried to install the GPU-Wrangler ( https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/wip-nvidia-egpu-support-for-high-sierra/paged/40/#post-33499) but that did throw me some errors. 

Can you give me advice on "starting over". Deleting everything and then start with the GPU-Wrangler.

Thank you in advance

ReplyQuote
 of  199