[APP] NVIDIA eGPU support for High Sierra (NVIDIAEGPUSupport)
Our of curiosity, have any of you guys tried enabling G-Sync if you have a compatible monitor? Does it work without any issues?
Another success story over here - only after the second try. Had to start fresh, reinstall and now it all works
Need to see pics of that double GPU Mac Pro...
2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10
@unknownsolo, FreeSync and G-Sync do not in macOS.
As in will it not work? Or will it just break everything? I see the option available in my nvidia control panel but havn't enabled it. It's no big deal, I'm just curios
I have some issues that I have been trying to fix without success.
MacbookPro 15, mid 2014, gt750m.
1. Enable SIP and install nvidia webdriver 3126.96.36.199.15.121 on High-Sierra
2. After reboot, the Nvidia webdriver cannot be enabled (the boot process stops with a spinning wheel under Apple logo) if I keep SIP enabled. It goes through with nvidia enabled if I disable SIP (?)
3. I install NVDAEGPU as indicated (with SIP disabled), and after reboot, I get a black screen, both internal and external (direct connection of screen to miniDP on mac). At that stage, I can control keyboard brightness, etc -- I think I am normally booted up, but without display/window manager working.
Anyone has had similar a similar issue?
- I perform a clean install of high sierra
- Installed latest Nvidia Web Driver (that shows error but continues the install)
- Disable SIP, install NVDAEGPU
But the mac load but the white screen with apple logo get stuck, if I close the lid and open the I can see my desktop window and only can move the mouse cursor but no image refresh.
In a few days I'll try again reinstalling the OS.
mid-2012 15'' Macbook Pro GT650M + [email protected] (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS10.12.6 & Win10 <-- using
mid-2012 15'' Macbook Pro GT650M + [email protected] (AKiTiO Thunder2) + macOS10.12 <-- no windows detection
My egpu config is Sonnet Breakaway 350, with TB3-TB2 adapted, and a K4200 in it. But I am not even at the point where I can test it, since I have no working display even without it when I install NVDAEGPU.
@ozzy @Tico @tbl777: did you do anything else than the steps mentioned in the first post to get your set-up to work? In particular, do you get any error with the nvidia web drivers, or do they work flawlessly, even with SIP on?
I didn't do anything special. I had the nVidia drivers from my previous install, so when I upgraded to High Sierra it automatically prompted me to update them. It gave me an error because I have SIP disabled, but I just clicked continue and they installed fine. Then I switched on the nVidia driver (in the menu item so OS X wasn't selected for video driver), un-installed the automate-egpu.sh script I had installed from 10.12, and then installed the new package and it worked perfectly. I still have SIP disabled FYI
I have PG258Q and I can enable GSync in macOS without problems
Setup 1: Apple iMac 2017 21.5” 4K + eGPU
dGPU: AMD Radeon Pro 560
eGPU: ASUS Strix AMD Radeon Vega 56 via Thunderbolt 3 (AKiTiO Node)
OS: macOS Catalina 10.15.3, Windows 10 1809, Kali Linux 2020.1
Setup 2: Apple Mac mini 2018 + eGPU
iGPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
eGPU: AMD Radeon RX 570 MXM via Thunderbolt 3 (Sonnet Breakaway Puck)
OS: macOS Catalina 10.15.4 Beta, Windows 10 1909