[APP] NVIDIA eGPU support for High Sierra (NVIDIAEGPUSupport)

Notifications
Clear all

[APP] NVIDIA eGPU support for High Sierra (NVIDIAEGPUSupport)  

of  199
  RSS

hzgogogo
(@hzgogogo)

I strictly followed all the steps but my MacBook  just cannot recognise my 1060

I got a MacBook pro 17 without Touch Bar  in 10.13.2

akitio node 

gtx 1060

That hot plugged in and out still not working

Nothing show up at the system report - Graphics

but akitio node shows under thunderbolt setion

The egpu works prefect under bootcamp windows, I just can't get it work in macOS

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
devild
(@devild)
Trusted Member

flyinganimal,
all needed files are in the 1st post.

If you want to compile pkg by yourself, open the downloaded project and change dev ID to yours.

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.

ReplyQuote
flyinganimal
(@flyinganimal)

Posted by: devild

flyinganimal,
all needed files are in the 1st post.

If you want to compile pkg by yourself, open the downloaded project and change dev ID to yours.

hey!

well... it could be that I'm just plain dumb but anytime I download the nvidiaegpusupport from GitHub it doesn't give me executable package file but rather the master file so only thing I can do is to try to build it myself...
anyways, I downloaded NVDAEGPUSupport-v4-CU.pkg that I found some posts back here on this thread and installed it successfully. CUDA sees the driver but Nvidia driver nor system report doesn't recognise my aorous gaming box....

I did exactly what I was meant to but still no success... not sure If there s anything else I could try other then downgrading to Sierra...

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
devild
(@devild)
Trusted Member

flyinganimal,
I was talking about the 1st post of this thread.

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.

ReplyQuote
flyinganimal
(@flyinganimal)

@devild

so was I.
tried to download the package at least 10 times and never got an actual .pkg file out of it... i have no clue why is that, and thats also a reason why i suggested someone uploads it here. in the end, i found the fourth version of the package some posts back (as the pinned post on the 1st page doesn't work for me), which is the latest one anyways as far as i know. as i said, no luck on my side.
after three days of formating, erasing installing and just playing a (poor) hacker, i did a clean install of Sierra 12.6. all seems to work fine now with rastafabi's package.
Still don't know what was it that i did wrong. Might be just my setup. I might be just messing things up but does it have something to do with me trying to get thunderbolt 3 case to my macbook air's thunderbolt 1? I read some people had an issue with that on High Sierra.

Anyways, thanks for your help everyone. The main thing is that it works Smile

ReplyQuote
Nick Howell
(@nick_howell)

Thanks for these awesome tools!

I've got me eGPU running quite well but I'm having one quite annoying problem I was wondering if there is a known fix to.

First off my specs:

The only way for me to boot properly and not crash my computer is to log in without the eGPU, connect it, log out and log in.

I'm very glad this work around exists and I can get my eGPU to function, but it's also insanely tedious to have to do this every time I want to use my eGPU, which could be multiple times a day.

Is there a known fix? Something I could try? A direction you could point me?

Thanks for all the help!

ReplyQuote
Charles Middlebrooke
(@charles_middlebrooke)

Thanks everyone for this very informative thread.  I had my eGPU working great in Sierra, and I'm almost there in High Sierra.  I'm using a GTX1060 in an Akitio Thunder2 on a 2012 rMBP.  Connected to a TCL 1080p HDTV via HDMI from the Thunder2. Followed instructions in first post on a clean install of the OS, and I've got picture on the TV and the Mac, System profiler sees everything correctly, but I have blank menus and windows on the TV.  Everything's fine on the Mac display. 

ReplyQuote
mtmorrow
(@mtmorrow)

Success with Akito Node TB3 and EVGA Geforce GTX 1080Ti on a 2013 Mac Pro!

MTM_MacPro6.1

ReplyQuote
JacobSyndeo
(@jacobsyndeo)

Posted by: hzgogogo

I strictly followed all the steps but my MacBook  just cannot recognise my 1060

I got a MacBook pro 17 without Touch Bar  in 10.13.2

akitio node 

gtx 1060

That hot plugged in and out still not working

Nothing show up at the system report - Graphics

but akitio node shows under thunderbolt setion

The egpu works prefect under bootcamp windows, I just can't get it work in macOS

Having a similar problem here.

I've got a 1060 in an AKiTiO Thunder3, 13" 2016 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (MacBookPro13,2) running macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 (17C88).

I can see the Thunder3 in System Profiler, but it says "Unsupported". Can't see the GPU itself though, neither in Thunderbolt nor in Graphics/Displays.

I've disabled SIP:

[Please login to see this]

says

But when I view `NVDAEGPUSupport.kext` in System Profiler, it says: 

So clearly, something's wrong here. I'm not sure what. This is a clean install of macOS, and I've only installed the NVIDIA webdriver (WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.102.pkg) and devild's nvidia-egpu-v4 (the non-CU version).

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions? This eGPU setup works perfectly on this same Mac when booted into Windows 10, so we can rule out any hardware problems.

2016 MacBook Pro 13" (booted to Windows 10 AND macOS thanks to NVIDIA's new Pascal drivers!)
AKiTiO Thunder3 + EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC 6 GB + Dell DA-3 180W PSU + Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX fan

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@jacobsyndeo you need to run TB3-enabler following each macOS system update. Otherwise the Thunder3 (which has TI82 USB-C controller) will not work with Thunderbolt 3 Macs running 10.12 or 10.13.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 14" Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio [11th,4C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
 of  199