Aloha! GTX 1080 Ti up and running on Bootcamp, thanks to you guys!

Notifications
Clear all

Aloha! GTX 1080 Ti up and running on Bootcamp, thanks to you guys!  

RSS

andy
 andy
(@andy)
Eminent Member

Hey, everyone! Andy here from Oahu, Hawaii. Just wanted to offer my gratitude to this community. I was able to set up and install a GTX 1080 Ti on my 2016 MBP, all thanks to the resources and helpful members on this site!

I hope I can help and return the love in any way I can!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

Welcome aboard @Andy!

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2013 Mac Pro (FP D500 x2) [3rd,12C,E] + RX 5700 XT @ 16Gbps-TB2>TB3 (Mantiz Saturn Pro) + macOS 11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member Moderator

IMO the best way would be to share pics of your set up! (and I guess the instructions/steps you followed).

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

2017 13" MacBook Pro [7th,2C,U] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.15.4 & Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
andy
 andy
(@andy)
Eminent Member

Posted by: Eightarmedpet

IMO the best way would be to share pics of your set up! (and I guess the instructions/steps you followed).

Good idea!

IMG 0652

The enclosure is a Mantiz MZ-02 Venus. I really love how this enclosure really enhances my Macbook with all of the extra connectivity it offers. A single Thunderbolt cable and I have full charging with multiple USB ports, Gigabit ethernet (ties directly into my mesh WiFI performs much better than radio) and huge storage capacity with the internal disk. Oh and not to mention that killer video card!

I pretty much used the guide at  https://egpu.io/bootcamp-setup-guide-tb3-macbook-pro/ exclusively. The main difference is that I'm on Windows 1709, so the Device Manager is different than the screenshots in that guide. It still pretty much works the same though. I disabled the x8 1905 controller and did disable the devices under 1901 (being the now unknown AMD devices), but did not disable the 1901 controller itself.

I boot using apple_set_os.efi via USB and then I'm off! 

Thanks again to everyone here!

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote