General Discussions
Battlefield V on Bootcamp - AMD Driver 16.20.1025 issue

Battlefield V on Bootcamp - AMD Driver 16.20.1025 issue  

RSS

raybanner
(@raybanner)
Eminent Member

Hi, i finally could get running Windows 10 with the Vega 64 on my MacBook Pro 2018.
When trying to open the game Battlefield I get this error of required AMD Driver 16.20.1025.

I used the drivers from bootcampdrivers.com.
Any idea how to get rid of this driver issue? Will it work to download the latest AMD drivers for windows for my system? I'm afraid of a windows crash and a complete reinstall like I did often the past few days.

Thank you.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Habadera
(@habadera)

@raybanner

I've been using the standard AMD Radeon drivers direct from AMD with my Mac Mini/Vega 64 setup from the start and not really had any problems in Bootcamp apart from not being able to use the iGPU, but this is a known issue.  The eGPU runs fine though.  I upgraded today from 18.12.2 to the latest 18.12.3 and everything went smoothly.

Capture
Capture2
This post was modified 8 months ago

Mac Mini 2018 6-core i7, 32 GB/ Razer Core X / AMD Vega 64 / LG Ultrawide Display

ReplyQuote
Benjamin Benson
(@benjamin_benson)

@raybanner any success on this issue? I have the same unfortunately. Funny enough from what i am reading it's not just related to external graphics cards. It can happen to "normal" setups as well and seems to be a dumb implementation of EA games AMD drivers check (it can also happen to Battlefield 1 and Battlefront 1 etc.)

Have you tried @shellc0der solution mentioned here  https://egpu.io/forums/pc-gaming/amd-eaorigin-games-detected-amd-radeon-driver-version-0-0-0/ ? It didn't work for me though.

@habadera it's specifically about the game (or more general EA games) or is that game running fine for you?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB, Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB + 8GB Asus Radeon RX Vega 56 ROG Strix OC + Sonnet Breakaway Box 550

ReplyQuote
Benjamin Benson
(@benjamin_benson)

Actually this solution worked for me (with the drawbacks mentioned in the thread)

https://egpu.io/forums/pc-gaming/amd-eaorigin-games-detected-amd-radeon-driver-version-0-0-0/#post-50276

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB, Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB + 8GB Asus Radeon RX Vega 56 ROG Strix OC + Sonnet Breakaway Box 550

ReplyQuote