Dell 9370 + aorus gaming box issues

Notifications
Clear all

Dell 9370 + aorus gaming box issues  

RSS

Padrefalcone
(@padrefalcone)

Hi guys,

Hope I found the right forum - this is my first eGPU setup - and also my very first post here. I've gone with the Dell xps 13 9370 i7-8550U & 8gb of ram. I know, I know, 16gb would've been better, but there was a great sale for this model. 

I've paired it with the aorus gaming box with a gtx 1070. I'm having several issues though. I did manage to muck about with the firmware installs to hit 2200MiB/s in CUDA-Z. I'm also running this on an external monitor. 

I have two issues:

1)USB dropouts & 2) Frame stutters

1) When I have anything connected in the USB ports of the aorus gaming box, they'll randomly dropout. I've tried with both a powered and non-powered USB hub, and to no avail. I can connect directly to the PC - but that's not exactly the "1-cable-solution" I was going for. 2) This is the big one. When I play games I seem to have great FPS. I mainly play PUBG, Overwatch and World of Warcraft. However, despite the framerate it stutters alot - freezes for a second or so every so often. This makes it very hard to play! I've tried tweaking ingame options, but all that does is give me more FPS - but no less stutter.

I hope that makes sense, and some of you have heard of similar problems / solutions!

Thanks 🙂

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote