Low framerate RX 5700 XT and fps drops. Witcher 3, COD MW Warzon, Rust, WOT, BF1...

Notifications
Clear all

Low framerate RX 5700 XT and fps drops. Witcher 3, COD MW Warzon, Rust, WOT, BF1, SC2  

RSS

Lawless Heaven
(@lawless_heaven)

Hey, so I have figured out fps drops on rx 5700xt and low fps.

So I tested Witcher 3, COD MW Warzon, Rust, WOT, BF1, SC2. And in all these games got similar results with frame rate drops.

Basically just replaced it with brothers gtx 1060 and surprise surprise ! No problems at all. Frame rate is stable and often even higher then on rx 5700 xt. Mind you everything was on max settings or close to max... 

My setup is Asus G501VW with I7 6700HQ and full 4 lane Tb3.

I'm highly disappointed as didn't really want to get Nvidia as price perfomance was not worth it but looks like I've got no other choice. 

And yes COD warzone average fps on max settings on gtx 1060 was 50-60.. While on rx 5700xt was 50-70 with masive drops to 30. 

And fun fact, didn't even wipe AMD drivers 😀 

AMD tested with latest drivers.

Nvidia ones that Microsoft installed because I was sick off fps drops and wanted to put 1060 in worst position possible for egpu.

Windows 10 Pro :  Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 

Before I was on Windows Insider and everything was also good. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote