RTX3080 Cooling in EGPUS air flow

Notifications
Clear all

RTX3080 Cooling in EGPUS air flow  

RSS

Felipe Cavallini
(@felipe_cavallini)

So after the reveal  of the RTX3080 I have been checking the cooling system. And I find it incompatible with my razer core x.  In the razer core x the cool air comes in from the right and exits on  the left. With this new type of cooling, warm air from the card would be  ejected to the right, so you have   contradicting air flows. Do you think this will be an issue?  Curious to hear your thoughts. 

This topic was modified 3 months ago
2018 15" Lenovo Legion Y730 (GTX1050Ti) [8th,6C,H] + GTX 1650 Super @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Razer Core X) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Alex Prachuablarb
(@alex_prachuablarb)

You could just turn the fan's direction in the Razer Core X case, should be fairly easy to do. My main issue is that it might be too small for the stock RTX 3080

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
odin
 odin
(@odin)
Estimable Member

I double checked the dimensions, it looks like it should easily fit in my Sonnet Breakaway Box 550. The part I'm concerned with is whether the power supply is up to the task. :/

EDIT: looks like it probably will since it's a 320W card

Supports cards requiring 375W of power 

LG Gram 17 | Sonnet Breakaway Box 550 | Asus Strix RTX 2070 OC Edition | Win 10 Pro 20H2 + Fedora 32 Dual Boot
Build Link

2018 17" LG Gram 17 [8th,4C,U] + RTX 2070 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Sonnet Breakaway 550) + Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote