Setup & Software Discussions
13" MacBook Pro 2019: "you are not currently using a display with an NVIDIA grap...

13" MacBook Pro 2019: "you are not currently using a display with an NVIDIA graphics processor"  

RSS

Alec
 Alec
(@alec)
Trusted Member

The Nvidia Control Panel gives me this error. It was working perfectly fine yesterday. The eGPU is still showing in Device Manager. I'm using an Aorus GTX 1080 gaming box and hotplugging during the Window's bootscreen.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Noble Member Moderator

@alec please add your system configuration to your signature. I presume you have external display connected to egpu? This is required for that panel to work.

purge-wrangler.shpurge-nvda.shset-eGPU.shautomate-eGPU EFI Installer
2018 MacBook Pro 15" RP560X + Vega 64 [Sonnet Breakaway 350 -> 600W]

ReplyQuote
Alec
 Alec
(@alec)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @mac_editor

@alec please add your system configuration to your signature. I presume you have external display connected to egpu? This is required for that panel to work.

No external display. The internal display works just fine, but I lost the Nvidia Control Panel.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Noble Member Moderator

@alec

As far as I remember, the control panel only works when an external display is connected. Maybe that has changed - I don’t know. You did mention it was working previously so I’m likely wrong here. Perhaps DDU all drivers and re-setup everything? Might help.

purge-wrangler.shpurge-nvda.shset-eGPU.shautomate-eGPU EFI Installer
2018 MacBook Pro 15" RP560X + Vega 64 [Sonnet Breakaway 350 -> 600W]

ReplyQuote