Setup & Software Discussions
2015 15" MacBook Pro Retina (R9 M370X) + Boot Camp (Windows 10 1903) + Radeon VI...

2015 15" MacBook Pro Retina (R9 M370X) + Boot Camp (Windows 10 1903) + Radeon VII + Razer Core X (TB2/TB3) + HP Reverb VR Headset  

RSS

jordantylerreyes
(@jordantylerreyes)

Hey all, I'm needing some help getting this build properly configured. I followed this guide and was able to get the Radeon VII to show up in Device Manager. Although, it is showing a yellow triangle with the "code 12" error.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I have the bootcamp drivers installed (maybe the Radeon VII is not supported?). Or maybe I need a newer 2016+ MBP so I can run TB3 instead of using a TB2/TB3 adapter? I'm not using an external display. I'm hoping to use the HP Reverb VR Headset with the Radeon VII while also keeping the internal MBP display active. I understand this can be a number of issues but I appreciate any advice, thanks!

My system specs are as follows:

This topic was modified 4 months ago

2015 15" MacBook Pro Retina (R9 M370X) + Boot Camp (Windows 10 1903) + Radeon VII + Razer Core X (TB2/TB3) + HP Reverb VR Headset

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

I would recommend trying @goalque‘s automate-eGPU EFI and see if you have the option to enable Intel iGPU. You can also look into doing a DSDT override to resolve error 12.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use | eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote