2016 15" MacBook Pro Touch Bar RP460 + XFX RX580 (Sonnet Breakaway Box 550) + Win10 Pro Bootcamp + Mining
I will be going through my trials and errors trying to get the eGPU set up with Windows 10 via Bootcamp.
- 2016 15″ Macbook Pro Radeon Pro 460
- OS X 10.13.2
- Windows 10 Pro Bootcamp (in progress getting to work)
- AMD XFX RX580 GPU
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box 550
- 27″ LG 4K 27UD68-P Monitor
- eGPU out of the box in Mac OS X 10.13.2
- Still shows as “AMD R9 xxx”
- Prompts me to log out to use eGPU, otherwise works perfectly
- eGPU with Monitor
What doesn’t (yet):
- Getting setup working in Windows 10 Pro
Mining on OS X:
- Mining currently works in OS X, using a fork of EthMiner.
- I’m getting about 16.3 Mh/s (mining only on eGPU in OS X) mining Ethereum mining under ethermine.org pool
- Total power consumption (includes power consumption of MacBook Pro) of ~204W according to a TP-Link smart outlet I bought.
Mining on Windows 10:
- Work in progress to get eGPU recognized