Clear all

[Solved] [GUIDE] MacBook Pro: solving eGPU error 12 in Windows 10  

of  12
  RSS

Inotna
(@inotna)
Eminent Member

Posted by: awhi078

inota - what internal MacBook pro gb are you using? 8 or 16GB? did you have to dstd override with the 1060 6gb? cheers

I have the 8 gb version. Yes I used the pre made one for 2016 model. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Slucas13
(@slucas13)

Turns out I needed to manually update the driver. Downloaded the drivers and saved them on the desktop. Went to devices, and under the displays there was a 1080 ti and I clicked the properties. Then, update driver and locate manually and point to the driver. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
ed_co
(@ed_co)
Reputable Member

Hi @nando4, why are you not adding your DIY eGPU setup as another strategy? Thanks

2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP560) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.13 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

Posted by: ed_co

Hi @nando4, why are you not adding your DIY eGPU setup as another strategy? Thanks

The title of the thread is 2016 MBPs. eGPU Setup 1.35 is only an error 12 solution to older MBPs running MBR/BIOS Windows. The full list of compatible MBPs is shown at https://egpu.io/egpu-setup-13x/

eGPU Setup 1.35    •    eGPU Port Bandwidth Reference Table

2015 15" Dell Precision 7510 (Q M1000M) [6th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @32Gbps-M2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 1803 [build link]  

ed_co liked
ReplyQuote
ed_co
(@ed_co)
Reputable Member

Posted by: nando4

Posted by: ed_co

The title of the thread is 2016 MBPs. eGPU Setup 1.35 is only an error 12 solution to older MBPs running MBR/BIOS Windows. The full list of compatible MBPs is shown at https://egpu.io/egpu-setup-13x/

I am very sorry, I thought that was universal for all mbp... Sorry!! Didn't want to bother!!

2017 15" MacBook Pro (RP560) [7th,4C,H] + GTX 1080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS 10.13 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
jefniro
(@jefniro)
Reputable Member

Done! MBP 13" Late 2016 with Touch bar with Bootcamp, Windows 10 now works with my XFX AMD RX480 Black edition + Akitio Node (boot from EFI external USB, apple_set_os.efi)

Now I have

- MacOS 10.12.4: done!

- Windows 10 (Test mode) 14393.rs1 release : done!

Thank you guys!! Wonderful job!!

2016 13" MacBook Pro [6th,2C,U] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (AKiTiO Node) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ed_co liked
ReplyQuote
ed_co
(@ed_co)
Reputable Member

Posted by: jefniro

Done! MBP 13" Late 2016 with Touch bar with Bootcamp, Windows 10 now works with my XFX AMD RX480 Black edition + Akitio Node (boot from EFI external USB, apple_set_os.efi)

Now I have

- MacOS 10.12.4: done!

- Windows 10 (Test mode) 14393.rs1 release : done!

Thank you guys!! Wonderful job!!

Love your external USB efi idea... without touching your original installation!! Makes me think in another ideas!!

jefniro liked
ReplyQuote
frustatedEGPUer
(@frustatedegpuer)

Ugh, had everything working perfectly and then I got greedy trying to cut the USB out of my boot process. Here's the mistake I made:

- setup refind, works great

-booted into Windows + EGPU without egpu connected on accident. Now when I boot into Windows 10, it starts and hangs after 2 loops. Is there a way to revert this script? I've tried booting into it via EFI and the same thing happens. Literally one complete swirl and lock. But I know it gets further because with my iPhone plugged in, it shows the prompt on the iPhone about sharing photos. So it's clearly doing something. 

Will I have to re-install bootcamp? :////

ReplyQuote
Slucas13
(@slucas13)

How long did you let it try to boot? 

ReplyQuote
frustatedEGPUer
(@frustatedegpuer)

I figured it out after further testing. Windows tries to boot with the internal graphics card as hidden  and that's why it fails. So the script still requires you to run the integrated.bat on the Windows side otherwise it doesn't work.

Now when I run integrated.bat, I can see the card as hidden and doesn't let me enable or disable, so the laptop screen stays stuck on Windows logo while the external monitor shows windows fïne powered by the 1080ti... thoughts to how I could fix this?

device manager says the 1080ti has error code 45. I've tried to disconnect and reconnect. No dice.

ReplyQuote
 of  12