[GUIDE] Macbook Pro: solving eGPU error 12 in Windows 10  

Page 3 / 3 Prev

Rycco
(@rycco)
Reputable Member
December 20, 2017 8:32 pm  
Posted by: ikir

hi guys, sorry for asking this but i’m very rusty with Windows.

I’m trying to install eGPU with bootcamp on my 13" MacBook Pro mid-2017

i have large memory pool, but I followed some step and guide here without luck. So maybe I misunderstood something or following the wrong guide.

I’m reinstalling Windows now, clean Win 10, what should I do to make my Mantiz Venus + RX Vega 56 to work.

Are you getting error 12 or its not being detected at all?

mid-2017 15" Macbook Pro RP555 + GTX1080i@32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + macOS & Win10

ReplyQuote
ikir
 ikir
(@ikir)
Honorable Member
December 21, 2017 12:18 am  

Vega 56 is detected with error 12.

eGPU.it | LG 34" 4K 34UC88 curved ultrawide display
MacBook Pro 2017 touchbar i7 3.5Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB PCIe SSD --> my complete setup video

ReplyQuote
MacsAre1
(@macsare1)
March 4, 2018 8:38 pm  

I went down the list. apple_set_os.efi didn't work so I installed rEFInd on the internal drive (though my Windows install is on an external USB drive) and uncommented the spoof_OSX_version line. This got the internal GPU working in Windows so I could at least see Device Manager and the Error 12. I tried the options for dealing with error 12, and reallocating the PCIe bridges seems to be the only thing that works. I disabled an empty PCIe bridge and I disabled the internal SSD (Windows can't mount an AFPS drive anyway), neither seemed to help. Doing step 5, disabling each level of the PCIe bridge one by one and then re-enabling, is the only thing that seems to work. Problem is, I have to do this every time I reboot!
Running the latest version of Windows 10. Reinstalling is not an option, this was all done on a fresh install. But the install happens on a different Windows system using WinToUSB.

Any ideas for getting a permanent fix? Should I try the DSDT override or the VGA enable bit instead?

This is a UEFI system but can't find a lot of people using an eGPU with the 2013 MacBook Air. Also, few people using Windows on a USB drive.

Sonnet Breakaway Box with AMD RX 580 running via TB1 on an 11" MacBook Air 2013

ReplyQuote
jipsom
(@jipsom)
March 31, 2018 9:35 am  

Hi, DAngerous. I know this is an old post to be responding to. Just wondering if you ever got the iMac working and had any advice?
I'm getting Code 12 and can't get around it.

SYSTEM
iMac 21 2017
High Sierra 10.13.4
Radeon pr 560 (internal)
Sonnet box + AMD rx580 8gb
Windows 10 (bootcamp partition)

eGPU works in fine OSX (10.13.4 is plug-n-play). But code 12 in bootcamp Win 10 is defeating me.

Any advice?

Rich

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3 Prev