Setup & Software Discussions
Late 2016 15" Macbook Pro Touchbar, Bootcamp, AMD Vega 56 + Razer Core X Chroma ...

Late 2016 15" Macbook Pro Touchbar, Bootcamp, AMD Vega 56 + Razer Core X Chroma Not Detected At All By Device Manager  

RSS

dizbiz
(@dizbiz)

Hello,

I could use some help here. I got a Core X Chroma and a Vega 56. On mac side, plug in, works. On windows, it just will not show up in the device manager. I have done the safe mode ddu uninstall, then the bootcampdrivers.com reinstall. I have completely reinstalled windows and tried again. I have tried everything I can think of and find on google, yet when I plug it in, just nothing shows up in device manager. It will charge my laptop, it will push any usb devices connected to it through, but nothing graphics or monitor wise. Any help would be really really appreciated.

So, after about the 15th time, I saw the Vega after the installation of the boot camp drivers. One interesting thing is that if I install the drivers with the egpu unplugged as it says in the instructions and then restart, when I hit plug in the egpu, it will never show up, not even with error 12.

if however I install the drivers with the egpu connected, then the driver will show up with error 12. But, then after removal of the device and a restart, it is gone forever again.

no matter what it is gone after a restart.

another thing I noticed was that when reinstalling the boot camp driver the internal graphics card doesn’t say “Radeon pro series” it says the full name of “amd Radeon pro 455”

This topic was modified 3 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@dizbiz This is not an easy pairing to set up in Boot Camp. Unless you use an EFI boot loader to both allocate “Larger Memory” [error 12 fix] and keep internal display working with eGPU connected at boot, you would encounter plenty of troubles getting it to work.

Here’s one of my builds using the 2016 15″ MacBook Pro with RX Vega 64 LC eGPU. You can follow the step-by-step except downloading the DSDT file with RP455 for your particular MBP instead of RP460 mine needed. That would allow internal display acceleration with the AMD eGPU. If you don’t care about internal display acceleration, you can try another build where both RP460 dGPU working together with RX Vega 56 eGPU.

This post was modified 3 months ago

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
dizbiz
(@dizbiz)

@itsage

Thank you!! Had tried a couple other boot loader tutorials to no avail, but this one looks like it worked!! Thanks!!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote