Setup & Software Discussions
2018 13" i7 2.7ghz MacBook Pro DSDT overriding

2018 13" i7 2.7ghz MacBook Pro DSDT overriding  

RSS

steve500
(@steve500)
Eminent Member

My setup currently works by booting up with eGPU attached to TB3 port nearest the tab button but renders the internal screen non-working and is a bit of a pain to deal with windows detecting both monitors and one non-working. It'd be nice to be able to run the system as any other tb3 windows laptop using Windows' built in egpu support functionality, being able to hotplug without error 12.

I am wanting to modify my DSDT for Windows 10 eGPU usage on my 2018 13" 2.7ghz i7 Macbook Pro running Mojave 10.14.1. I am trying to follow the guides but I cannot get MaciASL to launch to do the edit.

Screen Shot 2018 11 12 at 1.23.02 PM

I tried changing compiler versions and I still run into errors. I have yet to find a thread that says I cannot do this on my 2018 Macbook Pro. I have found a couple threads with some dsdt files floating around but I don't want to just throw other systems .aml files into my firmware with fingers crossed. 

Help?

Thanks

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

Isn't DDST only to allocate large memory? The EFI Bootloader should get you past error 12.

Wait for someone smarter to chime in but thats my understanding...

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
steve500
(@steve500)
Eminent Member

Correct. Really hoping to run igpu and egpu at the same time and experience eGPU normally when booted into windows.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote