2018 13" i7 2.7ghz Macbook Pro DSDT overriding  

RSS

steve500
(@steve500)
Eminent Member
November 12, 2018 8:30 pm  

My setup currently works by booting up with eGPU attached to TB3 port nearest the tab button but renders the internal screen non-working and is a bit of a pain to deal with windows detecting both monitors and one non-working. It'd be nice to be able to run the system as any other tb3 windows laptop using Windows' built in egpu support functionality, being able to hotplug without error 12.

I am wanting to modify my DSDT for Windows 10 eGPU usage on my 2018 13" 2.7ghz i7 Macbook Pro running Mojave 10.14.1. I am trying to follow the guides but I cannot get MaciASL to launch to do the edit.

I tried changing compiler versions and I still run into errors. I have yet to find a thread that says I cannot do this on my 2018 Macbook Pro. I have found a couple threads with some dsdt files floating around but I don't want to just throw other systems .aml files into my firmware with fingers crossed. 

Help?

Thanks

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

theitsage liked
ReplyQuote
steve500
(@steve500)
Eminent Member
November 14, 2018 5:15 am  

Correct. Really hoping to run igpu and egpu at the same time and experience eGPU normally when booted into windows.

Soon I will add my system & eGPU details or a build link to this my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote