Setup & Software Discussions
2018 15'' MacBook Pro + Razer Core X + RTX2070 (Windows 10 Bootcamp)

2018 15'' MacBook Pro + Razer Core X + RTX2070 (Windows 10 Bootcamp)  

RSS

Atty
 Atty
(@atty)

I'm trying to get this to work properly but I cannot seem to get it to properly setup. 

Windows will see the eGPU but I can't seem to get it to properly load and send video to the eGPU. None of the Nvidia or eVGA control panels load either. 

What do I need to do to get this going properly? I was under the impression, from other posts, that with this setup its largely plug&play within Windows 10 once you boot into it. 

I get this error code "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)" in device manager. What can I do to resolve this?

Thank you!

This topic was modified 6 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

There’s no official support for eGPU in Boot Camp so it’s not exactly plug-and-play. Since you already encountered error 32, I’d recommend usingg DDU to remove Nvidia graphics drivers. Also it’s a good idea to disable Windows auto-install driver feature while in DDU. This will disassociate the eGPU with the TB3 port/s you had tried. Restart the MacBook Pro then hot-plug and manually install the latest Nvidia drivers.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use | eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote