Setup & Software Discussions
2018 Macbook Pro bootcamp iGPU

2018 Macbook Pro bootcamp iGPU  

RSS

passinos
(@passinos)

Newbie here. Been doing a lot of research on iGPU and eGPU.

my first goal is to get iGPU running under Mojave on MB Pro 15".

anyone got this running???

Thanks

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Maiiikell
(@maiiikell)

@passinos

Your iGPU and dGPU are already operating in your MacBook Pro 15". 
Since these are the one driving your internal display already.
So you could game on that already if you want to. 
Graphics will mostly not be that great but maybe enough for your gaming preferences. 

You can use bootcamp to run almost any game that's available on windows 10. 
See if you like your onboard iGPU an dGPU stick with that
If you have one one the latest MacBook Pro with an AMD gpu you can go to Bootcampdrivers.com to get beter drivers for your dGPU
If you need more GPU power go check out some eGPU enclosures.

Macbook Pro 15" 2018

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

2018 and 2019 15″ MacBook Pro have a non-functional Intel iGPU. You can force activate it with an EFI boot loader but it doesn’t work. The only working solution for internal display eGPU acceleration is through Windows Hybrid Graphics.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
passinos
(@passinos)

@itsage
@Maiiikell

Thanks for the replies.
I really want to get more battery life. So I will look into the EFI bootloader hack to get iGPU. Even if its hybrid on Windows 10 it should stay on iGPU unless I need to have dGPU active.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

Posted by: @itsage

2018 and 2019 15" MacBook Pro have a non-functional Intel iGPU. You can force activate it with an EFI boot loader but it doesn't work. The only working solution for internal display eGPU acceleration is through Windows Hybrid Graphics.

@itsage
I think the OP is talking about Mojave and not Windows. iGPU works in Mojave, of course, it just doesn't work in Bootcamp. Like never.

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

ReplyQuote
passinos
(@passinos)

@oliverb

I am running Mojave but want to be in bootcamp Win10 with iGPU.

ReplyQuote