2019 Lenovo Yoga S740 14" [i7-1065G7] + GTX 1660 Ti 6Gb + Razer Core X Chroma

Notifications

2019 Lenovo Yoga S740 14" [i7-1065G7] + GTX 1660 Ti 6Gb + Razer Core X Chroma  

RSS

(@mattis_druschke)

System Specs:

• 2019 Lenovo Yoga S740 14" with i7-1065G7, 16Gb RAM, Intel Iris Plus, FHD Display
  • Asus GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
  • Razer Core X Chroma
  • Samsung 24" curved 1920x1080 screen
  • Razer deathadder chroma mouse and standard keyboard

Installation by connecting everything together and installing needed drivers. All peripherals are connected to the Core X Chroma and only one single cable connects to my laptop.

I am able to play games like GTA V in high settings with 60+ FPS, War Thunder in max settings with ~100 FPS, Dota 2 in max settings with 100+ FPS. The processor overclocks when charging and reaches a peak of 3.8 GHz.

I have realized that my setup is not quite true plug and play because it cant be connected on boot, and once I disconnect the thunderbolt cable I need to reboot the PC.

In the beginning I was experiencing random crashes where my computer would freeze and be completely unresponsive. I was able to solve this issue by changing the global preferences in the Nvidia control panel to always max performance mode.

Feel free to ask questions to my build and I will gladly follow up and update my post!

Also i would gladly add pictures. How do i do that?

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
nando4
(@nando4)
Noble Member Admin

ReplyQuote