2020 Dell XPS 15 9500 + Asus RTX 2070 Super + Razer Core X

Notifications
Clear all

2020 Dell XPS 15 9500 + Asus RTX 2070 Super + Razer Core X  

RSS

Jimmy V
(@jimmy_v)

Hi,

This is my first post here at egpu.io, and i thank all members for sharing information and inspiration for my build.

I just got my new Dell XPS 15 9500(i9 with GTX 1650 TI(disabled)) and just had to try a benchmark of the system Smile

I got a pretty good score in 3D mark Time Spy, but somehow it complains about my driver not being validated although it´s Nvidia Official drivers.

Unigine Valley 1.0:

All benchmarks ran at 4k resolution on external Monitor.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

Mini i5 liked
ReplyQuote
Jimmy V
(@jimmy_v)

just ran 4k optimized superposition bench:

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Honorable Member

@jimmy_v

Very nice setup for working / gaming at 4K.

Great to see how well the 9500 is performing with the 10th-gen i9 processor and 2070 Super eGPU.

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX 5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.6 Catalina / Windows 2004 😏 / Dual LG 27" 4K displays

ReplyQuote
mr.ribeiro
(@mr-ribeiro)
Trusted Member

@jimmy_v, Images are broken..

ReplyQuote
Jimmy V
(@jimmy_v)

@mr.ribeiro Im at work now, and images work fine here as well as on my phone and home computer, but i´ll write the numbers here as well:

Result with external monitor @ Timespy 1.0:

8903 Points, although with a driver complaint(even though it is Nvidia Official drivers)

Result with external monitor @ Valley 1.0, Ultra , 2xAA, 4K

2199 points with min 27.2 and max 90.7 FPS.

Result with external monitor @ Superposition 4k res and 4k Optimized:

7710 points with min 49, Max 69 and avg. 57 FPS.

ReplyQuote
Cthugha
(@cthugha)

This looks really promising Smile
I just got a XPS 15 9500 (i7, GTX 1650 Ti, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, UHD+ Touch) and I'm considering the Core X Chroma and either a 2070 Super or a 3060/3070.

How's your experience been so far?
Does the Core X provide enough juice for the XPS 15? (100W vs 130W)
Any issues when connecting/disconnecting or rebooting?
Do you use a separate USB hub for peripherals like mouse, keyboard, speakers, webcam, ethernet, etc? Which hub?
Did you consider the Core X Chroma? It's tempting with the built-in hub...

Cheers!

ReplyQuote