2020 HP Spectre x360 13t & Aorus GB 1080

Notifications
Clear all

2020 HP Spectre x360 13t & Aorus GB 1080  

RSS

gman407
(@gman407)

Can someone tell me what can I do to get my GTX 1080 gaming box to stop freezing my laptop as soon as I connect the tb3 cable?  My mouse pointer stops moving and my wifi disconnects and will not find the network until I do a hard reboot.  This same epgu worked perfectly all last week.  I've tried unplugging the cable, unplugging the power cord, wait, then replug everything and connect again.  It freezes every time now.  I don't know why it's doing this.  I have a different eGPU brand, so I decided to hook it up to my same laptop and it worked perfectly.  I'm wondering if my Aorus Gaming Box is broken.  

Also, does anyone know a bios setting in the latest Spectre that allows you to reboot with the eGPU still connected?  Whenever I try this, I get a blue screen and says my connected device in encrypted.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
gman407
(@gman407)

Quick update, I successfully got the Aorus Gaming Box 1080 on my son's 2019 Razer Blade Stealth so the issue must be with my new HP Spectre x360 13t 2020.  Any ideas on what I should do to get it working on my HP again?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
gman407
(@gman407)

I guess sometimes writing my issues out helped me to solve my problem. It works perfectly now. 

ReplyQuote
Screw Loose
(@screw_loose)

i just got my 2020 spectre. how well do games run? (specifically fallout 76 if you have it)

ReplyQuote
gman407
(@gman407)

It plays all games at 1080p and the highest settings with my 1080 GTX gaming box and my 2070 RTX breakaway box.   I get the Max fps on my 120 hz monitor.  

ReplyQuote