2080 MaxQ (discrete GPU) + eGPU 2080.

Notifications
Clear all

2080 MaxQ (discrete GPU) + eGPU 2080.  

RSS

filmgeek
(@filmgeek)

I have a Razer 2019 17 laptop - with a 2080 MaxQ card + Studio drivers.

When I plug in my Sonnet 650+2080 card...the internal card "stops" and becomes disabled in the hardware manager (with an exclamation point)

Ejecting the eGPU/rebooting doesn't fix this. I have to uninstall/reinstall the drivers.

What do I need to do to get both GPUs working (for DaVinci Resolve)?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@filmgeek, Download and run DDU to remove all Nvidia graphics drivers. Once that's done, connect the eGPU to manually install the graphics drivers you'd like to use for both cards.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 15" HP Spectre X360 [11th,4C,G] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (AORUS Gaming Box) + Win10 2004 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
filmgeek
(@filmgeek)

If this works, I'll come back and tell you that I was lazy. It's the ONLY thing I haven't done. THanks.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Mike Rowe
(@mike_rowe)

@filmgeek, I've exactly the same issue, did you have any success here?

ReplyQuote
filmgeek
(@filmgeek)

Nope - but I have a contact inside of Nvidia - bug me in about a week and we'll see if I got anywhere

ReplyQuote