2080 MaxQ (discrete GPU) + eGPU 2080.

Notifications
Clear all

2080 MaxQ (discrete GPU) + eGPU 2080.  

RSS

filmgeek
(@filmgeek)

I have a Razer 2019 17 laptop - with a 2080 MaxQ card + Studio drivers.

When I plug in my Sonnet 650+2080 card...the internal card "stops" and becomes disabled in the hardware manager (with an exclamation point)

Ejecting the eGPU/rebooting doesn't fix this. I have to uninstall/reinstall the drivers.

What do I need to do to get both GPUs working (for DaVinci Resolve)?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@filmgeek, Download and run DDU to remove all Nvidia graphics drivers. Once that's done, connect the eGPU to manually install the graphics drivers you'd like to use for both cards.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 13" ASUS ROG Flow X13 (RTX3050Ti) [R5K,8C,H] + RTX 3080 @ 64Gbps-XG (XG Mobile) + Win10 20H2 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
filmgeek
(@filmgeek)

If this works, I'll come back and tell you that I was lazy. It's the ONLY thing I haven't done. THanks.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Mike Rowe
(@mike_rowe)

@filmgeek, I've exactly the same issue, did you have any success here?

ReplyQuote
filmgeek
(@filmgeek)

Nope - but I have a contact inside of Nvidia - bug me in about a week and we'll see if I got anywhere

ReplyQuote