AKiTiO Thunder2 + GTX 1050 TI on internal screen

Notifications
Clear all

AKiTiO Thunder2 + GTX 1050 TI on internal screen  

RSS

naplox
(@naplox)

Hey guys

Ive been trying for around 10 hours now, and cant figure this one out. Its my first eGPU setup. I installed windows 10 via boot camp, and inserted the tb2. Under device manager it says GTX 1050 TI but when trying to run games or benchmarks it gives me 5-10 fps, which probably means I am still running on the intel iris 6100. What am I doing wrong? Is it to be configured in some special way when its on internal LCD? Isnt it just plug and play on win 10?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

Are you using an early 2015 13" MacBook Pro? What is your Windows boot up procedure?

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
naplox
(@naplox)

Yes. I am using a MacBook 13 retina 2015. I hold down alt while turning on the computer, and plug in the tb2 seconds after I choose windows in the boot menu. I can see the GTX 1050 ti in device manager, but cant seem to figure out what to do from here. From what I read it was supposed to be plug and play on win10

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

Can you post a screen capture of Device Manager showing both the eGPU and iGPU?

If they both are showing up, my recommendation is to run DDU and remove drivers for both the iGPU and eGPU. Then manually install Intel drivers and Nvidia drivers.

ReplyQuote
naplox
(@naplox)

Here it is. Ill give it a try with DDU. What I mean by my iGPU is the integrated intel card

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

That looks good. Do you see the Nvidia Optimus icon on the taskbar?

ReplyQuote
naplox
(@naplox)

I think I reinstalled the drivers 100 times. And now its not letting me neither install or remove anything. When trying to remove from device manager it gets stuck loading, and when trying to install drivers and NVidia control panel it says preparing installation. Ill do a clean boot camp installation and try as you said. So I just go in the optimus panel and choose the egpu as the primary?

ReplyQuote
naplox
(@naplox)

https://imgur.com/a/Rh6EF

Got this. No optimus logo. Am I installing the wrong drivers?

ReplyQuote
naplox
(@naplox)

Can I run the egpu on Windows only? I.e. use boot Camp and only install the drivers on Windows, without ever using it on macOS. Or do I have to configure it on macOS And Windows in order for it to run on Windows?

ReplyQuote