Setup & Software Discussions
how to use the Aorus GTX1070 gaming box with a min-PC and monitor?

how to use the Aorus GTX1070 gaming box with a min-PC and monitor?  

RSS

stygianflux
(@stygianflux)

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to use the Aorus GTX1070 gaming box with a min-PC and monitor?  Drivers are downloaded.  Using Windows 10 64-bit.  

I know the GTX will plug into back of mini-PC using the USB-C cord.  Does the monitor plug into the gaming box instead of the PC?  Are there additional drivers for that?  What about keyboard and mouse?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
papoose02
(@papoose02)

Hello stygianflux!

Yeah , i think things are not so much different than with a laptop.

So yes the Hdmi cable must be connected from the monitor to the hdmi of the aorus box , not the one of the mini pc.

About the drivers , you normally just need  the nvidia drivers for the gtx 1070

Try this first .

Then , if there's a problem like the pc not recognizing the box , be sure that the thunderbolt3 drivers of the mini pc are up to date . (i think you should find them on the site of the constructor or on the site of intel)

keep us posted ;

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
stygianflux
(@stygianflux)

Posted by: papoose02

Hello stygianflux!

Yeah , i think things are not so much different than with a laptop.

So yes the Hdmi cable must be connected from the monitor to the hdmi of the aorus box , not the one of the mini pc.

About the drivers , you normally just need  the nvidia drivers for the gtx 1070

Try this first .

Then , if there's a problem like the pc not recognizing the box , be sure that the thunderbolt3 drivers of the mini pc are up to date . (i think you should find them on the site of the constructor or on the site of intel)

keep us posted ;

Thanks for the help!  Perfect.

ReplyQuote