Setup & Software Discussions
Aorus GTX 1070 + HP Spectre 13?

Aorus GTX 1070 + HP Spectre 13?  

RSS

chunkyypanda
(@chunkyypanda)

Hey all, I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to egpus but just wanted some input. I've been wanting to get an eGPU setup for my core i7 6500, 8gb ram, HP Spectre 13. The games I'd play would mostly be League, CSGO, and PUBG. I've been looking at the Aorus gaming box mainly because of it's small size and how it seems to be simply plug and play. I also like the fact that it works as a hub for a lot of USB plug ins such as my mouse and keyboard. However, I'm concerned with a couple different things from what I've read such as usb plugged in devices losing connection frequently, lack of ability to upgrade, and overall performance of the gaming box. I would play on an external monitor pretty much 100% of the time if that matters. Any input is appreciated 🙂 

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
JSMastropiero
(@jsmastropiero)

Hi there! I'm in nearly the same position as you, and have almost the same doubts! The difference being I've yet to buy the laptop and egpu...

So I'd just add to the list of questions to the veterans here: should I wait for the 13" Spectre x360 with the i7-8550 just for the 4 cores in the CPU?

Thanks!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
irev210
(@irev210)
Trusted Member

Posted by: JSMastropiero

Hi there! I'm in nearly the same position as you, and have almost the same doubts! The difference being I've yet to buy the laptop and egpu...

So I'd just add to the list of questions to the veterans here: should I wait for the 13" Spectre x360 with the i7-8550 just for the 4 cores in the CPU?

Thanks!

Yes, you should wait for the quad core - given that so many games are able to take advantage of quad core, this should drastically improve gaming performance if you plan to game.

I've run the spectre 13 x360 and while it worked great, I am waiting for the quad core for the additional performance it will bring to gaming.

ReplyQuote
JSMastropiero
(@jsmastropiero)

Great, thanks!
Any news on when HP will be releasing the 8550 for the 13,3" model? I can't find anything but the benchmarks in laptopmag...

ReplyQuote