Setup & Software Discussions
Aspire VN7-792G + Razer Core X + GTX 1050TI 4GB (Error 43)

Aspire VN7-792G + Razer Core X + GTX 1050TI 4GB (Error 43)  

RSS

agjs
 agjs
(@agjs)

Hey guys. This week I've decided to get Razer Core X and completely randomly, I bought GeForce GTX 1050TI. I choose this GPU mainly because I only play World of Warcraft very casually and it's more then sufficient for it.

Unfortunately, after everything I've tried, I'm still getting the 43 error under Device Manager. 

All the things I tried so far:

1. I disabled the iGPU, uninstalled all the drivers using DDU, installed latest drivers for 1050Ti

2. I tried modified drivers that I found here somewhere on the forums

3. I tried some older random drivers, just to see if anything will work

4. I tried the error 43 fixer tool

5. I checked if all my cables are properly connected and if GPU is inserted properly into the PCI express on Razer Core X

It feels really crappy to invest this much money into something and then realize it doesn't work. I would appreciate all the help in the world and I'm willing to donate to whoever tries help me resolve this. I know that my laptop can run an eGPU cause there are already threads with people using AKiTiO Node and there must be a way to resolve this.

This topic was modified 3 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
agjs
 agjs
(@agjs)

Ironically, after randomly disabling and enabling iGPU and the same with eGPU, the card is now recognized and I already tested it inside of the game.

On one had, I'm super happy to know that this setup will work at the first place but on the other hand, it's completely random and I have no idea why it works now. This is scary.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
NadirS
(@nadirs)

@agjs

Hi, have the same issue with core x, not using it  for a months.
You are not solve the problem becasue the razer core x is plug and play (not have own firmware that regulate conncetion between egpu and laptop), you will lose the electircal impuls from egpu in one moment and you will need to reinstall graphic driver every time. 
If its working properly, you will be able to use both of your graphic cards at the same time.
The main problem is in the thunderbolt firmware from acer. 
We dont have any updates from acer.support. Thunderbolt firmware is nvm: 15, we need at least nvm 16 for egpu.
If anyone can fix this problem i will also donate him. 
Is there anyone who know how to modify image that we need for update our thunderbolt 3 firmware.

Best 

This post was modified 3 months ago

ReplyQuote
agjs
 agjs
(@agjs)

Hi @NadirS and thanks for all the information.

I might have some information that might help you. I will still have to confirm that I can reproduce this 100% of the time. 

Once I have restarted my computer, eGPU didn't work again. What I did whatsoever is, I went to Device Manager > View > Connection Type and I disabled the PCIe of the eGPU and enabled it again. It instantly worked. I will confirm today that I can reproduce this 100% of the time. If so, this would be amazing, as you wouldn't need to reinstall your drivers or do anything like that.

ReplyQuote
NadirS
(@nadirs)

@agjs

Hope that will work on long term.
I was bought the nvidia quadro P4000 for cad modeling, but when it crash close my program instantly and i need to search for autosave. 
It would be great if someone know how to modify patch for thuderbolt firmware. 

ReplyQuote
agjs
 agjs
(@agjs)

@NadirS

So far, this has been working for me 100% of the time. The way that it constantly works for me is:

1. I restart the computer
2. I turn on the Razer Core X
3. Under Device Manager, the device will have Error 43.
4. View > Devices by Connection
5. Disable the eGPU PCIe
6. Enable the eGPU PCIe

Capture

I have tried doing this at least 10 times and it works instantly every time.

ReplyQuote
NadirS
(@nadirs)

@agjs

Thanks, i will try it. 

ReplyQuote