Atikio Node Lite + RX560: Setup issues

Notifications
Clear all

Atikio Node Lite + RX560: Setup issues  

RSS

Firebar
(@firebar)

Hi folks,

Firstly I went ahead and did some reading to find the various threads on here showing that folks have the Atikio Node Lite with a 1050Ti working with (primarily) their MBPs. That and a page like:  https://9to5mac.com/2017/01/26/how-to-turn-the-2016-macbook-pro-into-a-windows-gaming-machine-using-the-compact-akitio-thunder3-gtx-1050-ti-video/. Super I thought! Let's give it a try.

I have a Dell E7480 laptop and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much about this system and eGPUs on the interwebs but I took a punt anyway and ordered the Node Lite with 1050Ti. It would powered on just fine but gave me error code 43. I tried the driver inf mod without success, still error code 43. So, I figured maybe I would have an easier time if I used an RX560, to try to negate nvidia driver issues. I'm not after blistering performance, just better than IGP. 

So far I've installed the RX560 into the Node Lite and I'm using a 120W power brick with the enclosure: 12Vx10A. Power's up fine and the E7480 detects it but shortly after what appears to be an attempt to load any sort of driver, it begins to chug to the point at which the entire system hangs (almost like an extremely excessive throttling). Unfortunately I can't get past this in any way. I've updated Note Lite firmware to latest a while ago and I've updated the E7480 thunderbolt software and firmware (16.3.61.275 and NVM23). 

Has anyone experienced anything like this on their Windows laptop? Did you get around it?

Unfortunately I don't have another TB3 system to try the enclosure on. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
Firebar
(@firebar)

I looked to see if I was impacted by lack of hotplug support per this thread: https://egpu.io/forums/expresscard-mpcie-m-2-adapters/nvidia-is-killing-off-mpciengff-m2-egpus-error-43-with-372-90/paged/1/

Seems like hotplug is enabled for my BIOS/system. Just this strange throttling.

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote