Setup & Software Discussions
Bootcamp - How to internal Display? Mac Book Pro 2017 + GTX 1080 TI

[Solved] Bootcamp - How to internal Display? Mac Book Pro 2017 + GTX 1080 TI  

RSS

cjmv
 cjmv
(@cjmv)

Hey guys, I have a MBP 2017 with AMD Radeon 560x Internal GPU

bought my Razor Core X Chroma, installed the Nvidia Drivers on Bootcamp and GPU is enabled also as well.

I did hot Plug the GTX 1080 TI while Booting Windows.

No Errors etc. Now the thing is, how to use the EGPU on the internal Display? It works with external Display, but how can I get the NVIDIA GPU to accelerate my games like Diablo 3 etc.?

DO I have to uninstall the AMD GPU Drivers for the 560X?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

rodti liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

First of all, provide more information on your system and how you set up eGPU in Boot Camp. The 2017 15″ MacBook Pro does not have options for 560X dGPU. Go to Graphics Settings in Windows and assign the High Performance GPU to each game/app in order to accelerate the internal display with your eGPU. It looks like the screen capture below.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
cjmv
 cjmv
(@cjmv)

Posted by: @itsage

First of all, provide more information on your system and how you set up eGPU in Boot Camp. The 2017 15" MacBook Pro does not have options for 560X dGPU. Go to Graphics Settings in Windows and assign the High Performance GPU to each game/app in order to accelerate the internal display with your eGPU. It looks like the screen capture below.

Thanks for the Picture,

I plugged my eGPU right after BootScreen in and on, then installed the newest NVIDIA Drivers for the 1080 Ti (im Using Windows 10 1903).

Then like your screenshot I changed it to High Performance (so that the NVIDIA should be used), tried to play a Game after setting it up for my Application Diablo3.exe but still bad FPS.

When using the eGPU to an external Display, same Settings as above, it works flawlessly and insane FPS gain.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote