Bootcamp Windows 10 Pro April 2019 Insider Recognising Blackmagic eGPU  

of  2
  RSS

OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

Posted by: Eightarmedpet

Second instal corrupted. Furious. 
While it may work for your set up and machine it doesn’t work for mine. 
Earlier builds do work with my current Vega set up. 
Now to nuke for a third time and start installing windows from my old 1603 iso. 
1903 can jog the hell on.

What's exactly happening, what problems occur? I only use 1803, but I find it very strange, that 1903 is supposed to be defective.

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

Oh great. Now I can’t reinstall Windows. This has turned into a real shit show. 
Reinstalling macOS now to try and clean up unmounted and hidden partitions.

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

ReplyQuote
tndiggs
(@tndiggs)

Just noticed that a max resolution of 5120 x 2880 is now available and works! Before it was maxed out at 4096 x 2304. 

Weird, but I’ll take it.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
xander164
(@xander164)

Can Anyone help me 

it still say error code 12 for my blackmagic rx580

Specs: MacBook pro 13 2017
egpu:blackmagic rx580

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

You’ll have to let folks know what solutions you’ve already tried- I’m guessing none?

There are guides for fixing error 12 in the global nav, also if you search for builds with the blackmagic eGPU you’ll find a couple. Option 3 reading my Vega build may be applicable to you (efi bootloader and hot plugging).

---

ReplyQuote
xander164
(@xander164)

Ok so i tried Apple.set.os with rifind, and CPU switch butt that doesnt open
i reinstall like 5 times already

@eightarmedpet so correct me if im wrong so i need AMD driver (already install) and a efi bootloader on my ex driver and so if i turn it on i click on efi boot and then plug my egpu right?

Thanks for helping me

This post was modified 4 weeks ago

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

Ok, I had no luck with apple_set_os but both rEFInd and the EFI Bootloader worked for me.

Yes, you nee the AMD drivers, get them from Bootcampdrivers.com as they are modded ones which are better (I'm told).

Try this.

1. Run DDU and uninstalling AMD drivers. Set Windows to not instal drivers automatically.
  2. Reboot with nothing plugged in.
  3. Plug in eGPU.
  4. Instal Bootcampdrivers
  5. You will have errors/it will ask to reboot.
  6. Reboot holding down Alt to get the EFI Bootloader.
  7. Press Q for boot select.
  8. Choose Windows and at the exact same time (or maybe nano second after) you hit enter plug in your eGPU. 
  9. Boot should take longer but once up it should get rid of error 12.

Oh, what version of W10 are you using? Again, prob best to start your own thread... 

Good luck, keep trying and keep reading, you will get this working... (anything above you dont understand just google, the info is out there...)

---

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

Posted by: tndiggs

Just noticed that a max resolution of 5120 x 2880 is now available and works! Before it was maxed out at 4096 x 2304. 

Weird, but I’ll take it.

@tndiggs Glad to hear you have now a fully functional eGPU that powers the LG 5K UltraFine. I read through your setup and boot up procedure. Thank you for sharing the details! Windows tends to be finicky when you have multiple competing graphics and monitor devices at boot. While HDMI output requires only one display connection, the LG 5K UltraFine requires two DisplayPort connection. Therefore internally the system was trying to allocate 2x DisplayPort for the LG 5K UltraFine alongside another one for internal display all the while the Blackmagic eGPU also requires resource allocation simultaneously.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

109 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
 of  2