Setup & Software Discussions
Bootcamp with Razer core v1 and Gtx 980

[Solved] Bootcamp with Razer core v1 and Gtx 980  

RSS

Sunq
 Sunq
(@sunq)

I just got a great deal on a Razer core v1 and a Gtx 980. I have a macbook pro 15 2018, and I plan to use the egpu in bootcamp. Will it work by just plugging it in, or do I have to run any scrpipts? Or will it just not work?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

Plug'n'Play. Your setup is the easiest of all, read more here: Bootcamp Guide 15-inch MBP 2018

This post was modified 8 months ago

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

ReplyQuote
Sunq
 Sunq
(@sunq)

It worked, thank you!

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

OliverB liked
ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

Posted by: Sunq

It worked, thank you!

This is great news.

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

ReplyQuote
Sunq
 Sunq
(@sunq)

Well, I thought it was all good, but I only tried cinebench once... The egpu disconnected all the time when it was connected to an external monitor and I could not figure out what was wrong. Until I ran cinebench on the built-in monitor and then I connected the displayport cable to the external monitor and everything worked.

ReplyQuote