Notifications
Clear all

Clevo p870dm-G and akitio node?  

RSS

Bmoney1o1
(@bmoney1o1)

Has anyone had success connecting an Akitio node thunderbolt 3 to a Clevo P870dm-g? I tried to connect today but was told by windows that the speed needed to be improved on that USB device. I have 16.3.x.x. thunderbolt drivers so I don't think they're too old. Anyone able to help?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
sicily428
(@sicily428)
Trusted Member

Posted by: Bmoney1o1

Has anyone had success connecting an Akitio node thunderbolt 3 to a Clevo P870dm-g? I tried to connect today but was told by windows that the speed needed to be improved on that USB device. I have 16.3.x.x. thunderbolt drivers so I don't think they're too old. Anyone able to help?

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/egpu-setups-with-new-clevo-laptops-with-thunderbolt-3.784273/page-3

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

The "USB speed needed to be improved" message is a clear sign the Thunderbolt 3 firmware on your computer is not up-to-date.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 15" ASUS TUF Dash F15 [11th,4C,H] + RX 6900 XT @ 32Gbps-M.2 (ADT-Link R43SG) + Win10 2004 // my 1st RX 6900 XT build [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Bmoney1o1
(@bmoney1o1)

I hear you, but my firmware is even more recent than what my reseller just sent me last week when I asked them for the newest.....wondering if it could be a BIOS issue? I'm not using any modified BIOS of any sort - is that a prerequisite ?

ReplyQuote