Code 31 help: Razer Blade Stealth 2019 (mx150)+ Razer Core X Chroma eGPU + nvidi...

Notifications
Clear all

Code 31 help: Razer Blade Stealth 2019 (mx150)+ Razer Core X Chroma eGPU + nvidia 1060 6gb  

RSS

rkei12343
(@rkei12343)

Hi guys, 
I've got an issue with my egpu.

When my egpu is hotplugged in to my laptop, the enclosure and the gpu is recognised, but is unable to make use of the 1060. After checking device manager it not working b/c "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device: Code 31". However, if i restart the computer with the egpu plugged in, everything is fine and works okay. If i unplug and replug i run into the same error
Currently running on Windows 1903 with 430.86 DCH nvidia drivers installed.  This was also a problem for me in build 1809.  All drivers are bios is up to date so far. 
Idk if this is related but I'm currently using the native screen - no external monitor. 

Its really frustrating to restart my computer everytime i want to use it, any help would be appreciated. 

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@lange112)

did you ever get any info on this? I am having the same problem.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Mini i5
(@mini-i5)
Reputable Member

@lange112

Microsoft broke hot plugging beginning with the later builds of v 1903.

Try build 18362.295 or earlier of v 1903.

This post was modified 1 month ago

2018 Mac Mini i5 / 6-core 3.0-4.1 Ghz / 32GB / 256GB / Intel UHD 630 / PowerColor Gaming Station / PowerColor dual-fan RX5700 XT / Mac OS 10.15.4 Catalina / Windows 1809 / LG 27" 4K display

ReplyQuote
(@lange112)

@mini-i5, OK! thanks. I will give that a shot tonight!

Thanks!

ReplyQuote