Code 43 - Gaming Station Powercolor case with 1080 founders edition

Notifications
Clear all

Code 43 - Gaming Station Powercolor case with 1080 founders edition  

RSS

milosv
(@milosv)

Hi guys,
I have tried so many things but I always end up with error  code 43. your help is greatly appreciated.
-Asus g750jh laptop - thunderbolt 1 connection (others used different egpu case to get it working so it does work in theory)
-Gaming Station Powercolor egpu case thunderbolt 3 connection (550w PSU)
- windows 10 all updates
-onboard 780M
-used DDU uninstall in SafeMode
-installed latest drivers and all I get is code 43
-installed 376.33 drivers and code 43
-tried disabling the onboard card in Device Manager and install drivers-code43
-tried disabling egpu 1080 card in Device Manager and enabling again and black screen that ends in auto-restart after 1 minute
-bought new apple tunderbolt 2m cable and new apple thunderbolt 2to3 adapter so all gear is new

any help is appreciated. what else can I try?

This topic was modified 1 year ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
itsage
(@itsage)
Illustrious Member Admin

@milosv Does your laptop BIOS allow deactivation of the dGPU and enable Intel iGPU only? I found dGPU-equipped laptop often encounter error 43 when you add an eGPU from the same brand. The solution for me was to run DDU and remove all graphics drivers. You mentioned you did that. One other thing is to disable Windows auto-installation of drivers. Sometimes Windows would choose a set of drivers that work with only the dGPU or eGPU then ultimately cause error 43 on the other.

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

ReplyQuote
milosv
(@milosv)

I can't see it in BIOS, no mention of the card, maybe I can disable the PCIe in BIOS (not near the laptop, can't check) but I don't remember seeng the options.
Any other way to access those settings?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
milosv
(@milosv)

Unfortunately, ASUS bios has no control of discrete gpu or even pci slots that I can turn off in bios.

I turned off automatic driver install and tried installing the drivers but it just didn't work.

I know others had success with other egpu cases and g750jh.whar else can I try?

ReplyQuote