CUDA as unified Nvidia driver for both dGPU & eGPU
September 13, 2019 7:49 pm
The point is to have the exact same version of drivers for both cards. Cuda is the only nvidia package that has all drivers so...
- Restart in safe mode and use DDU to uninstall all GPU drivers
- restart in Unsigned Driver mode
- While there Download full cuda toolkit (not network) and extract. Keep an eye and copy the path of the folder it extracts.
- Don't continue installation and don't cancel because temp files will be deleted.
- Go to device manager and on each gpu update drivers by selecting the exact path and correct driver like:
Browse my computer for drivers -> Let me pick from a list of available driver -> Have disk ->
- Do this for each card and hopefully it will install succesfully.
- If you havn't done so then you can continue cuda installer to install physx, hd audio etc. If you are not a Cuda developer remember to uncheck the cuda development toolkit cause is it 2,4Gb.