Cyberpunk 2077 with eGPU RTX 2080 Super not working after 451.48 driver
When I am trying to run i.e. Cyberpunk 2077 with the latest 460.89 or any driver later (including) 451.48 I receive an immediate crash of the game right after the starting logo.
Cyberpunk 2077 stack-trace:
Error reason: Assert
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
The same happens when I try to start Ghostrunner in DX12 mode. It crashed even without starting. But it is working well in DX11 mode.
Btw, Cyberpunk 2077 works with the 446.14 driver. I see a lot of artifacts everywhere, especially in the smoke, but it at least runs.
I assume this is because in 451.48 version some new DX12 features has been introduced - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/directx-12-ultimate-game-ready-driver/
Also, the same eGPU and chassis worked well with the latest driver on my previous Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen with i7 8550U. Cyberpunk was able to use DLSS and RTX pretty well.
I do not understand why it was working on the old notebook and not working on the newest one.
I will really appreciate any help.
Finally, I was able to run DX12 games on my build. I will provide details on this soon.
In short, I've installed fresh Win10 and only the crucial drivers. Disabled all updates (required some effort to shut the Windows 10 once Internet has been connected), and installed only Thunderbolt Controller Center, Nvidia 460.89 driver, DX12 and everything that Steam installed as a first-time-setup.
So for now it is clear, that some update(s) brakes Nvidia drivers compatibility. I will make a research and post my findings.
Meanwhile, I was able to run DX12 games on my build using fresh Windows 10 installation. I've installed all possible updates and MS Store apps step by step and after everything has been installed, DX12 games kept working. I have no idea why it is working on almost identical installation setup. Btw, when I tried to install fresh Win10 and allowed it to fully auto-update then nothing worked again.