Dell Inspiron 7791 + Razer Core X Chroma USB Stuttering -> VR and audio issues

Notifications
Clear all

Dell Inspiron 7791 + Razer Core X Chroma USB Stuttering -> VR and audio issues  

RSS

Michael Eckes
(@michael_eckes)

Hi,

my Setup is:

• Dell Inspiron 7791
  • Razer Core X Chroma
  • Geforce GTX 1070 (ASUS DUAL GTX 1070 OC)
  • Orico 10 Port USB 3.0 HUB (Connection Mouse and Keybord)
  • Windows 10 2004 (Hyper-V enabled for WSL2)

I can't use the USB Ports of the Razer Core X Chroma for Mouse and Keyboard. If the 1070 is hit with load, mouse and keyboard just stutters and hangs. I'm using the LAN connection, did not encounter a problem with that. I quite useing the Display Port Audio, due to stuttering. Plugging in speakers direktly to the headphone jack of the inspiron, which stutters in some time, but it is a lot less.

Normale 3D games run OK with this setup. little lag spikes occure but nothing too bad.

Connecting the eGPU while running needs a bit of luck. sometimes its OK, sometimes you need to connect with the nvidia systray tool, sometimes the nvidia systray tool ist not visible, ....

But every time I want to use my Occulus Rift s the Drama begins:

• Lag Spikes
  • Headset Sound is gone after loading a game (or big lag spike)  -> fix is to disable and enable the Oculus Rift s round divce in Windows
  • Loses Tracking at all and i must go through the playspace setup procedure again

but CPU and GPU load is at 50% at that time. 

Another problem is Reaper (DAW). With more than 2 or 3 virtual instuments audio begins to stutter. LatencyMon shows that the nvidia driver is taking up to 2.7 ms to execute DPC, but only if the eGPU is connected.

I updated BIOS and system drivers with Dell update Tool. Removed Nvidia and Intel Display Drivers with DDU and installed the current Versions. All GPUs are active in device manager.

I tested 

Has anyone an idea to adresse the Audio or VR issues? I'm out of ideas and close to selling the dell and repalcing it with another, but I can't find a simular laptop with 15 or 17" touchscreen in that size and prizerange.

Dell Inspiron 7791 with Razer X Chroma and Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
kammon2
(@kammon2)

Don't have any solution here to offer you but I give you my sincerest regrets as I'm going through the same thing right now. After A LOT of digging, it just seems like this USB stutter is a bug of the X chroma. Right now I'm looking at returning the X Chroma, picking up the Core X and a Thunderbolt dock. I think this would probably solve your issues as well. 

I will note, though, most of what I've read suggests USB stuttering when a devices not plugged directly into the X Chroma. Your issue does sound a little different and may be unique to your eGPU in which case contacting razer for RMA might be a good thing to look into. 

Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 (9575) + Razer Core X Chroma + GTX 970 4GB

ReplyQuote