Disable nvidia control panel digital audio using Displayport 2? (MBP 2017 15", RazercoreX, RTX2080, Win10)  

RSS

Enky_bubu
(@enky_bubu)
November 28, 2018 6:34 pm  

Hi, 

Im worried that my TB3 bandwidth to the egpu is being used for audio data. I have the option to  disable "digital audio" via the nvidia control panel when connected to my monitor via HDMI cable, but not when connected by displayport 2, which is optimal for a 165Hz WQHD monitor.
Is this possible via displayport2? 

Cuda Z data

I do not want to run sound through the graphics card/monitor. I want to continue to use the onboard laptop speakers/audio jack. 

When the monitor is connected by HDMI cable, and I turn digital audio off, I see an fps increase of 5-15%. When I am connected by Displayport 2, the fps is comparable to the "digital audio" turned on. 

I have all audio drivers except onboard speakers disabled via device manager. The displayport cable is audio compatible. (Shipped with the Asus ROG PG279Q monitor). 

(MBP2017 15", RazercoreX, RTX2080, Asus ROG PG279Q)

Would love some advice, or clarification if I am wrong/misunderstanding something here.

-Macbook Pro mid 2017 15"
-Razer Core X
-RTX 2080 (MSI Gaming X Trio)
-ROG PG279Q

ReplyQuote
Enky_bubu
(@enky_bubu)
December 6, 2018 4:42 pm  

Bump... any help would be welcome!

-Macbook Pro mid 2017 15"
-Razer Core X
-RTX 2080 (MSI Gaming X Trio)
-ROG PG279Q

ReplyQuote
theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
December 6, 2018 4:55 pm  

@enky_bubu Are you sure the performance difference is due to audio over DisplayPort? My guess is G-Sync has more to do with it. Try turning G-Sync off and run your tests again.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

86 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote