Share:

DSDT Help - Bootcamp, 2016 MBP  

RSS

forty2j
(@forty2j)
April 16, 2019 12:36 am  

Hi folks,

I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 with Radeon Pro 455 2 GB, a LG UltraFine 27" 5K, and a new AORUS Gaming Box RX 580. I've been doing battle with error 12 (following the guides here) for about a week and a half. The RX580 works just fine in OS X.

For Win10, I'm pretty sure I'm at the point where I need to create a dsdt-modified.aml to allocate the additional thunderbolt bandwidth. I have automated-efi on a USB stick (a USB 2 stick connected via an Anker USB-C-4xUSB-2). Anker & LG plugged in on the left ports, AORUS on the right. I can boot off the automated-efi (and still see error 12 for the RX580) with no dsdt loaded onto the stick. I've tried loading both a precompiled dsdt-modified.aml and one I assembled myself via automated-efi, and Windows just gives me the spinning dots on boot. I let it go for about 10 minutes and gave up.

I got parsing errors when I first compiled my own dst-modified.aml, so I'm thinking (1) that the precompiled file I found didn't exactly match my system, and (2) I mangled my own file fixing the parsing errors, as I really have no idea what I'm looking at except the basic concept that parenthesis should match.

Here's a link to a google drive folder containing original and modified. Any help or advice is appreciated.. thanks.

This topic was modified 1 week ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

theitsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin
April 17, 2019 4:50 am  

@forty2j I've found the 2016 15" MacBook Pro the trickiest one to resolve errors 12 in Boot Camp (AMD eGPU). I would recommend going one step at a time. You should get the RX 580 eGPU working first prior to connecting the LG UltraFine 5K. It's possible to resolve error 12 without using a modified DSDT.aml. Here's the procedure I used.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

94 external GPU build guides

ReplyQuote
forty2j
(@forty2j)
April 17, 2019 4:35 pm  

Oi. Ok, thanks. I’ve already wiped the drivers and installed the latest from bootcampdrivers; is there still a benefit to starting over with a fresh Windows install?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
forty2j
(@forty2j)
April 21, 2019 12:58 am  

Thanks for the help so far @itsage.

I'll be posting a new thread for the newest problem. For the most part, I was able to follow your guide successfully, except I missed disabling protected mode before running rEFInd (wasn't mentioned in your guide, but I found that by going further down the rabbit hole), and I learned that running internal.bat while an external drive is connected is a great way to get yourself to boot into recovery mode and restore Windows to an earlier point.. I'll be posting a new thread, for the new problem.

This post was modified 4 days ago

ReplyQuote