egpu kills network connection in bootcam...

egpu kills network connection in bootcamp? [Late 2013-750m; Thunder 2 -1050ti]  

RSS

Zanr
 Zanr
(@zanr)
Oct 21, 2017 2:25 pm  

Hey guys. Really appreciate this forum, has helped me troubleshoot all of my problems so far with my setup. 

After the last windows 10 update in bootcamp, any network accessibility dies when my egpu is plugged in. If I unplug and use my dgpu, it works just fine. 

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Before it was working just fine, and it still works on my MacOS side. 

Thanks! 

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
mac_editor
(@mac_editor)
Noble Member Moderator
Oct 21, 2017 8:04 pm  

Consider reinstalling Bootcamp drivers to see if that fixes the issue. The installer has an option to overwrite/fix a previous installation.

purge-wrangler.shpurge-nvda.shset-eGPU.shautomate-eGPU EFI Installer
----
Troubleshooting eGPUs on macOS
Command Line Swiss Knife
eGPU Hardware Chart
Multiple Build Guides
----
Current: MacBook Pro RP560X + 480/R9 Fury/Vega 64 | GTX 780/1070
Previous: 2014 MacBook Pro 750M + 480/R9 Fury | GTX 780/980 Ti/1070

ReplyQuote
Antharsious
(@antharsious)
Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2017 6:45 am  

By "any network accessibility" do you mean Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet?

I also have an issue where the Ethernet connection is impossible to make it work when my eGPU is also plugged on start. Wi-Fi is working just fine though...

https://egpu.io/forums/mac-setup/ethernet-connection-not-working-when-egpu-plugged-on-start-up/

2014 15" Macbook Pro GT750M + [email protected] (AKiTiO Thunder2) + Win10

Impact of Turboboost on performances and fan noise level (MacBook Pro)

ReplyQuote
Zanr
 Zanr
(@zanr)
Nov 10, 2017 9:04 am  

Hey! Wanted to check back in and let you know that your solution worked Mac_editor! Thank you so much. 

Reinstalled bootcamp drivers and that did the trick. 

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote