Setup & Software Discussions
eGPU problem on internal display with build 7212 Intel Graphics Drivers

eGPU problem on internal display with build 7212 Intel Graphics Drivers  

RSS

odin
 odin
(@odin)
Trusted Member

Just seeing if anyone else is having issues using an eGPU on their notebook's internal display with the latest Intel graphics drivers build 7212. The problem seems to manifest itself by eGPU output being a black screen, I can get the output to display if I hit the windows key to bring up the start menu, but as soon as I refocus the game it goes away or only displays extremely intermittently. Reinstalling any previous driver version fixes it.

I'm using an HD 620 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + RTX 2070.

Since I was able to use every other previous version of the driver successfully (aside from a bug they fixed that was unrelated to this in the previous version) I expect this problem to be tied to a driver bug, but my sample size of one doesn't give me much confidence in that claim.

LG Gram 17 | Sonnet Breakaway Box 550 | Asus Strix RTX 2070 OC Edition | Win 10 Pro 1903 + Fedora 31 Dual Boot
Build Link

ReplyQuote
odin
 odin
(@odin)
Trusted Member

I can't log into the intel forums any longer, I think they got tired of me reporting bugs and kept telling me to use the "approved" driver from LG.

But I can report the 7323 build just released fixes the eGPU internal display issue that was introduced in 7212. 

LG Gram 17 | Sonnet Breakaway Box 550 | Asus Strix RTX 2070 OC Edition | Win 10 Pro 1903 + Fedora 31 Dual Boot
Build Link

ReplyQuote