Setup & Software Discussions
Error 43 Aorus Gaming Box 1070 + Macbook Pro 13 2018 Bootcamp

Error 43 Aorus Gaming Box 1070 + Macbook Pro 13 2018 Bootcamp  

RSS

marku5
(@marku5)

I have a Macbook Pro 13 from 2018 with a Aorus Gaming Box 1070 that I use with bootcamp. Initially it was all plug and play and I've been using this setup for about three months without any issues. About 3 weeks ago however without any change to the setup that I know of it kept showing error 43 in device manager. 

I tried removing the drivers with DDU and installing new and old versions multiple times without any luck. I also tried deleting the partition and starting with a clean install of different versions of windows 10 but it didn’t change anything. 

Right now I’m on windows 10 pro 1809 with build 17763.737

I only have Bootcamp with the egpu so that I can occasionally play a game and I’m not that experienced with windows 10 so it could be that I’m missing something obvious…  

If anyone knows a fix or something I could try I would be very grateful

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

Error 43 tends to be power or driver related issues I believe. 
Those gaming boxes can be problematic, so there is a possibility it's a hardware issue. 

Not sure what version of Windows you started with but this is my "golden build" which always gets me back up and running...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/be34c1fkvtyasvf/Win10_1607_English_x64.iso?dl=0

After running DDU make sure you turn off the Windows auto update setting for drivers too.

I assume you don't have access to a PC to best the card?

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GTX1060 + AKiTiO Thunder3 + Win10
GTX1070 + Sonnet Breakaway Box + Win10
GTX1070 + Razer Core V1 + Win10
Vega 56 + Razer Core V1 + macOS + Win10
Vega 56 + Mantiz Venus + macOS + W10

---

LG 5K Ultrafine flickering issue fix

ReplyQuote
marku5
(@marku5)

First of all thank you for the response

I was really hoping that it’s just a driver or windows thing and that it wasn’t hardware related… 

The link doesn’t work for me but I’m sure I’ll find a 1607 ISO to try and see if that makes a difference.

I don’t but I’ll have to ask a friend to test it for me 

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote