Notifications
Clear all

Error 43 Aorus Gaming Box RX580  

RSS

Jimmy
(@badtz)
Eminent Member

Hi everyone,

I have been using the gaming box with my 2018 macbook pro 13 with no problem for several months. However, just recently, whenever i try to connect the external gpu, it always shows error 43 on my window setup. Usually it would only show error 12 and whenever I disabled PCI Port #3 and reboot, it would always work without any issue.

My system spec:
- 2018 Macbook Pro 13" -  i5 2,3Ghz - 512GB
- Macos Mojave 10.14.1
- Windows 10 1809
- Refind
- Aorus Gaming Box RX580
- LG external monitor

I have tried reinstalling/upgrade/downgrade the AMD graphic driver, Refind, and also automate-eGPU EFI and none of the above work in windows.

Using mojave however, works without any problems.
Has anyone experienced this?
Is it a hardware faulty?

Thank you 

MBP 2018 13" i5 512GB Touch Bar (MR9R2)
Aorus Gaming Box RX580
Mantiz Venus, Red Devil 5700XT

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
mar_kelp
(@mar_kelp)
Trusted Member

@badtz I have the same Gaming Box RX580 and a 2017 13" MBP. I don't have the Error 43 problem under Boot Camp. If your hardware is working properly under MacOS, it is more likely a driver problem under Windows rather than a hardware problem.

Do you still have the Intel graphics drivers installed under Windows? Some users here have success removing the Intel drivers with DDU. The downside is you can't use your laptop display under Windows, but it does provide a more stable environment.

Also, once you get the error 43 fixed, there is a 1.3 firmware update for the Gaming Box on the Gigabyte support site you might want to try. You can only install under Windows (not MacOS).

This post was modified 2 years ago

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar + RX 580 Gaming Box + macOS 10.14.3 and Windows 10 (BootCamp with rEFInd)

2017 13" MacBook Pro [7th,2C,U] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + macOS 10.13 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Jimmy
(@badtz)
Eminent Member

Thank you for the quick reply @mar_kelp Smile
I 've been trying to fix this issue but nothing seems to work. Try to avoid a clean install if I can but I guess if nothing work then I have no other option.
It's just weird that its been working perfectly before and now suddenly it doesn't work anymore. No new software installation or windows update..

I only remove AMD driver using DDU. When removing Intel graphic drivers, does it mean external monitor is always required when using windows? I'm quite mobile so maybe it's not suitable for me.

Yup, I just updated the 1.3 firmware. Thank you for the information. I have also tried to reflash the H2D firmware.
Well if nothing works I guess I need to do a clean install Cry

Best regards and thank you,

Aorus Gaming Box RX580

2018 13" MacBook Pro [8th,4C,U] + RX 5700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Mantiz Venus) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
mar_kelp
(@mar_kelp)
Trusted Member

Posted by: Badtz

I only remove AMD driver using DDU. When removing Intel graphic drivers, does it mean external monitor is always required when using windows? I'm quite mobile so maybe it's not suitable for me.

I don't have a good response for this as I don't use my setup that way. I only use Windows/Boot Camp when attached to my eGPU and external display at my desk. So the lack of the 13" internal display under Windows is not a problem for me. Hopefully someone else can give you better advice for a mobile solution. Good luck!

2017 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar + RX 580 Gaming Box + macOS 10.14.3 and Windows 10 (BootCamp with rEFInd)

2017 13" MacBook Pro [7th,2C,U] + RX 580 @ 32Gbps-TB3 (Gigabyte Gaming Box) + macOS 10.13 & Win10 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Jimmy
(@badtz)
Eminent Member

I have finally got it working again.
As @mar_kelp said, it was windows driver related problems. After I did a clean install everything work normally again. But before that let me point out what I aware of.

As I said before, I could connect the egpu to either left or right side port of macbook pro. The upper-left port or bottom right port.

To be able to use the bottom right port, I usually  disable PCI port #3 in device manager, plugin TB cable (it would show code 12 on device manager under display adapter), restart, and voila.. After this, just re-enable the PCI port#3 again to enable wifi.

When using the upper left port, just plug the TB cable, windows start, then things would work without the need to disable any PCI port.

Yesterday however, none of the above method worked. It would always showed error 43 whenever I tried to connect the egpu. Then after trial and error, I figured out I could only use the upper left port by disabling PCI port #9. I don't know what caused this to happen. Maybe because of windows update or any software that I recently installed..( not that I'm aware of)

Finally, I just did a clean install then problem solved. I can now use both the left port or the right port again.

Hope this would help those of you who encounter error 43. Try using other port and disable PCI port to free resources. And try to do a clean install to get rid of any driver related issues.

Have a good day 🙂

Aorus Gaming Box RX580

itsage liked
ReplyQuote