Setup & Software Discussions
Fed up trying to get the Aorus Box RTX 2070 and Dell XPS 13 9380 to work

Fed up trying to get the Aorus Box RTX 2070 and Dell XPS 13 9380 to work  

RSS

Rimpydoo
(@rimpydoo)

Background: I just bought an Aorus Box RTX 2070, an XPS 13 9380 and a new 144hz monitor. my first time trying an eGPU set up. Everything is connected to the right places with the right cables. BIOS updated to the latest one. here are the problems I've encountered

1 When I install the Nvidia drivers fro the Aorus Page, I get this error

2. When I try to install the Aorus firmware update utility I get this error regarding SDK

3. I guess the thunderbolt driver isnt a problem? the thunderbolt control center detects the Aorus Box, and i can output to an external monitor. Although it takes some playing around, such as powering both the laptop and box off, and connecting the box after the laptop is on

-- update --
after uninstalling TB3 controller, using DDU to uninstall the graphics drivers... then re downloading and installing TB3 controller via dell site, and using the DCH drivers directly from Nvidias site.. this finally allowed the Nvidia drivers to install..however  now theres no signal to the external monitor.
AND the Aorus Firmware update tool still has SDK errors

help!  I am this close to returning the Aorus box!

This topic was modified 2 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@brian_weigand)

I returned mine to get a Razer

Pending: 2016 Macbook Pro 2.9 I7 16 GB Ram Radeon Pro 460, RTX 2070 Aorus Gaming box

ReplyQuote
DrEGPU
(@dregpu)
Trusted Member

MY theory is that it's the Dell implementation of TB3. Granted, the XPS13 9360 is far from the 9380 with only 2x PCIe lanes in the 9360, but I had HUGE troubles getting the Gaming box to work. Absolutely no problems with my Macbooks (13 inch with TB1, and 15 inch with TB3, both under win10/linux of course).

MBP 2018 15 inch + 2X Aorus gaming box 1080 in BootCamp and MacOS 10.13.6
2011 13-inch MacBook Pro + Razer Core X@10Gbps-TB1 (Zotac RTX 2080 Ti Amp) + Ubuntu 18.04

itsage liked
ReplyQuote